xisto Community
myviny

Hi, I Am Vineet From India

Hi Vineet!

Welcome to Trap 17. You've got a good Alizee website.

Since you're new at Trap 17, you might want to read the Frequently Asked Questions thread. If you're interested in the free web hosting, also check out the explanation of the myCENT credit system with which you can accumulate web hosting credits.

If you need any help with getting started, feel free to post to the forums.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

Namaskaar Vineetji! :angel:Welcome to the forums - I hope you have a great time here and manage to get your free website soon (apart from the Alizee one of course! :()

Hello Vineet Welcome to Trap 17 forums.You will enjoy all the entertaiment that you will get posting in this fantastic community. I want to congratulate you because you are a professional. In my country the people don?t like the technic careers. The people prefers the "paper" careers.India must be a beatiful country. I want to travel a day to Nueva Delhi and learn more about Mohatma Ghandi and his work.Well then Welcome, you are in you home.Regards.

Hi!@ferminThere are lots of fun places to visit in India. Delhi, in the north, is the capital - while you're in Delhi, you can visit the Taj Mahal, the Qutub Minar, and the Ashoka Pillar.Further to the East, there's a place named Mayapur which is amazing too. You wouldn't normally see any vehicles there - everyone travels by bicycle, boat or on foot. Mayapur is popular for the Iskcon Krishna temple.Down south, there's Kerala which is popular for the 'backwaters'. You could stay on a boat for a day or two, floating around as you get a great view of the place.You can visit Goa for the beaches and resorts.There are a whole lot of other places too, but then you'd have to get the time to visit all of them :-)Regards,Nitin Reddy

Thanks all for the warm welcome but my first day here hasn't been too easy.Inspite of trying hard, I am not able to understand any thing here. How do I get credits for posts I make and how many. This is a strange type of forum, the most recent posts are displayed at the last page. How will a visitor see the latest posted content? Then how can I see how many credits have I earned? Please answer.

Hi!

@myviny

Good to have you back, even after your not-so-great experience on your first day.

I've posted a link to the forum thread that tells you about how to get credits (see my post containing the link to the myCENTs forum thread above?).

If you don't want to bother with reading through it, I'll give you a short summary with just what you need to know.

First, you've got to sign up on the Xistro Support and Billing site with the same username and password that you use here. This registration page can be found here: https://support.xisto.com/
Yes, I literally mean you have to go to that site, register as a new user with the *SAME* username and password you use here. Just trust me on this one.

Okay, now step two - post some messages. Reply to a couple of threads, create some new threads about some interesting stuff. Perhaps, if you've got a programming problem that you've been hoping to solve for a while, you can post it as a question here.

A few hours after posting, look back at your posts and you'll see that on the left of your post (where the number of posts by you, and your joining date is mentioned), you'll find the Earned and myCENTs displayed. It's quite simple, really. After you've got about $3, you can sign up for a hosting package though you'll need some more if you also want a top-level domain name.

You get credits for the number of posts, as well as the quality of posts, so whether you're active on the forums but lack the writing skills, or can write amazing stuff but lack the time to check back on the forum every hour or so, you'll still be well-rewarded.

I know, I know, having the last of the posts appearing on the last page of a thread is difficult to figure out at first but if you stick around a bit longer, you'll notice that for some of the threads with a lot of posts, you can't really figure out what the discussion is about when you start from the last page so as you read through the initial few posts, you can get a feel of what's on everybody else's minds and then you can get to the end of the thread to see how things turned out. The part that I found confusing was when I make a post, I'm automatically taken to the last page of the thread instead of remaining on the page that I was browsing but I've gotten used to it so I don't mind it any more.

Anyway, do post back to the forum if you've got any more questions or queries.

Hope you have a rockin' time here at Trap 17.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy