xisto Community
MastaKilla

GTA aint that and a bag of potato chips GTA isnt that good

Well I'd like to state my opinion. I think the GTA series is pretty crappy. GTA 2 had good multiplayer deathmatch, but I think the lack of multiplayer in GTA 3 and Vice City made it sh*t. The graphics are pretty bad, the physics are arcade and so is damage and stuff. If you want a good car game go play Mafia, that game seriously rocked! The shootouts in Mafia where so much better, because if you get shot, your probably gonna die! Also the car chases in Mafia where much better because of the good car physics.Also Rockstars excuse for not putting in the multiplayer was because it wouldnt fit in the story. Why didnt they just make it that Liberty City Survivor game? Thats good enough for me!Oh and that mod for Vice City which puts in multiplayer aint too great. If I run someone down in my car, I want them to frickin die, not get back up!Anyway thats my opinion, I haven't seen much about San Andreas but I don't think it could be TOO good.

I think most people play it for the free roam. Something like the Sims where you could do what you wanted and not care. You do have a point about the graphics looking arcade-like. Its true. However, a game is not soley judged by its grapics and realism. There are some games that are totally unrealeastic but they sell very well.Its good that you pointed out. But I think people play it for the fun and enjoyment of it. That probably covers up for the grapics.

GTA games are not meant to be realistic. If you remember back in the days of GTA 1 and 2 (and GTA london or whatever) those were very much like an arcade game. I dont even think that you should compair GTA with Mafia. GTA is most def arcade style and Mafia isnt. The Getaway and driv3r is the same way, great games, but not to be compaired to GTA.You should read up on GTASA because you can almost do everything and I mean it! You gotta eat and goto the gym, you can rob people/house. Have your own gang, and have gang fights. Hire men to help you on missions. Gamble in casios. Soooo much stuff. This is going to be a really good game.

This post should have been closed actually, how the hell can u compare mafia, that took an 80% in certain magazine, with such materpiece as GTA:vice city, that took 97% in the same magazine, and by the way, there are no bugs at all in gta vice city... while there were lot in gta3, so damn u MastaKilla

It is virtually impossible to create a new game with literally no bugs. I think you'd find that Vice City would have some.psp-playstation, just because you don't agree with an opinion being put accross, doesn't mean the thread should be closed, provided that it doesn't violate any of the general rules around this forum. Which as far as I can tell after just skimming over the posts, it doesn't.

Your main beef seems to be the lack of multiplayer. It was one of the greatest console games ever. Pc Games are usually poor apart from FPS and Flight sim. Seriously to suggest that mafia was better than gta vc is borderline insane. Mafia was seriously buggy if my memory seves me correctly.

ok so its got some bugs some are quite cool like making a car freeze in mid air in Vice city, but its still ahughly successful series and will probably continue to be, plus the games are massive and let you do some cool stuff even if its with bugs any way its just a game.