xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Learn Hindi For Free A website for learning a language common in india

I was looking for a place to learn Hindi a while back and came across http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . I'm not Indian so I have no idea if it's accurate but I'll assume it's an accurate and professional website, it looks like a good resouce to me. I'm not sure if it's completely free as I didn't go very far with my studies :( but there seems to be some decent beginners lessons and even more stuff if you're willing to pay. It's a very nice and interesting website and if I remember correctly there are even many audio samples which helps when you have no idea how to pronounce things. Maybe some day I will resume my study of Hindi but as for right now maybe it will help one of the fine members of this online establishment :angel:

Hey there rob....this seems like an interesting site but I wasn't very impressed with it to be honest, and I wouldn't really recommend it to someone who wants to learn Hindi from scratch. I've been speaking Hindi since ten years and it's almost my second mother-tongue, so I have a little idea of what to expect from a site which teaches Hindi :( Another bad thing about this site is that it offers little and charges more, while you can google better sites which teach more for free.

Hmm. I see. I didn't know it wasn't so great. Good to know, though. I didn't look at it too much and I did learn a few things from it. Do you know any better sites for learning Hindi? I suppose I could just google, but that's how I found HindiLearner lol. I'll look again some time and see what other not very impressive websites I can find :(

I don't know of any good sites (coz I learned at school not on the net :(). I'll look soon and in the meantime you could look too and post it here if someone needs it :angel:

Hi,Sure we have many members who come from India and who can offer beginners tutorials in Hindi.We can teach each othe our native languages and I think this is the right place to post that. Don't you agree?I don't know what other native languages we have around in this forum. It would be nice to survey that if that doesn't break any privacy rules.