xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eaelecs

Hey Everyone What Does This Mean

hey everyone i was trying to get a domain and this is what it said:This domain will be hosted by another ISP using the DNS servers given. (Specify the host name of each DNS server, not the IP address. eg: ns1.dnsserver.co.uk)Primary DNS: Secondary DNS: and this is when i was tryin to get a server for the domain wich is a free server so could i use the hosting ill be given on my domain?

u really should be more specific but ill do my best.yes. (if ur question was can you use the hosting you'll be given on your domain?) u just ask ur new web hosts what their domain servers are and put them in right there.by the way... what host r u using?

I'm not sure what DNS servers do. I do know that Xisto has two of them. I do also think that Xisto's DNS servers are broken.

Xisto's Servers:

ns1.trap17.com

ns2.trap17.com

I'm not sure what DNS servers do. I do know that Xisto has two of them. I do also think that Xisto's DNS servers are broken.

Xisto's Servers:

ns1.trap17.com

ns2.trap17.com

46972[/snapback]

I think so too, Something's been going on recently, my site's only been accesible through the sub-domain.

Panda

okay a DNS is a name server. what it does is change an IP address into a name. so when u enter a name like "yahoo.com/; the DNS changes it into the IP number (example: xx.xxx.xx.xxx) then when yahoo sends the information back to the you, the DNS changes it back into a www format so if the DNS servers are broken down, that means that the only way to access the site is by typing in the IP address for each page. . (REALLY REALLY chalenging, almost imposible because u have to know exactly what it is each time) or, like thablkpanda said, by a sub-domain of a working site.

SImple OkIf you gotta toplevel Domain like .com.Then you gotta a hosting (free or paid) to support a Parked Domain.you can change your dns server to the Name Server of HOsting haz given you.like ns2.trap17.comTHen go to the HOsting to parked it. xxx.com If you gotta a .com domain but the hosting cant support DNS,you won't do it.By the way.No subdomain can support DNS bind I think. Good luck