xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kimochitim

What Do You Think? My client has not seen this yet...

It's very large, even on a 1280 x 1024 desktop resolution scale. That's the first thing I notice (I have a horizontal scroll bar as well as a vertical, and have to move both to see what's on the initial page).

If I hadn't have been intentionally looking at the site to review it, I probably would have missed the navigation section (or I would have become annoyed with the scrolling and not even bothered to look for it). Sorry if that comes across as harsh. I don't typically care about vertical scrolling near so much as horizontal scrolling... since I can't use the mouse wheel to accomplish the latter.

I love the visual color scheme, though. The pastels work very well together, and I like the "aged parchment" appearance of the relevant site content. Can you do anything about the "dead space" hanging between the Latest News section and the Navigation section? I'm not sure if that would work well, or not, given the image you are using in that area. Another suggestion would be to center that image in the area of separation, and possibly make it a little smaller.

The left side of the page is a lot cleaner than the right side of the page, on further observation. On the right side of the page, on my screen, the pastel blue header stops and the page extends horizontally for an additional... I'd say about 3/8 or 1/2 of an inch.

I notice that you have aligned the subheader with the girl and the quote, and the main page content to the right. However, they do not align vertically with the edge of the pastel blue header. Also, the blank space on the left side of the page that remains due to the right alignment feels a bit uncomfortable to look at. What if you reduced the width of the pastel blue header (at least to the margin of the Donate tab), and then aligned the rest of the page with that edge (fitting the content on the right margin as snugly as the pastel blue header fits on the left margin)?

I like the search function being placed underneath the pastel blue header, but it is easy to miss (especially with all the scrolling required to view the page as it is now).

My last observation concerns the footer of the page, where you list the links for Entries, Comments, and Admin. In it's current state, I have to bluntly say it sticks out like a sore thumb. On a left alignment, placed an inch below the main page content, and ending where it does, it takes away from the pleasant atmosphere you've created. It makes me think of when my little girl gets one of her 2-year-old scrapes; accident prone + daredevil tomboy = :excl:

I think that if you altered the footer to align evenly on the left and the right, with those links centered, and got rid of the space between the main page content and it, you'd have a much more eye-pleasing presentation on your hands.

I hope that helps you out, hon :angel: Keep me posted on the progress! And feel free to bug me whenever you like with specific questions or requests for help!

:(

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

hmm, i have a few grips about the site, while i didn't the huge size, i got the fallowing...1. the left side doesn't look like aged parchment at all, i can tell that the image is repeating Y, it would look better (in my opinion) if you could bur or lighten or fade the darker part of the image to flow with the pages. 2. but i like that crese between the "who we are" and the "Research Finds New Cure" very cool. 3. if your client has photos of the work that they have helped it would add to the site.... and make them look like the icons on the home page, its just a idea. :Dthat's about it, i look forwarded to see your site at the near future. :)

Well I like it, it feels pretty natural but I do have a couple sugestions:1. In the main banner the one with the girl and the logo, you can hardly read the logo bacause it's purple over black so it's too dark, try a lighter color and it will look better.2. The repeating background looks too obvious specially in I don't know if thats the top of the bottom of the image but you can see where it starts and ends so it doesn't have the effect anymore, and also in those parts is hard to read the texts.3. The footer, that changes drastically to a white, you shoud make it more like the rest of the webpage (with the same feeling :)).Your client is going to like it because it is really nice, I can't wait to see the final product! :D

Size notwithstanding, I don't like the design. Everything seem to be in a mess. It does not give me a pleasant viewing experience. Think you have to arrange the "blocks" of info in a more structured way.

Is that meant to be parchment? I thought it was fabric or something...You can see where the pattern starts on the sides of the fabric, as you can see the wave movement going up and down (or should I say left and right?), so you know it's copy and paste or background made...But it's very good, considering I can't do anything NEAR that. :)Good work!The other pages are good... I think it's just the parchment thing...Maybe go for something more simple like opaque and pastel colours in a box?I don't know... something like that.Yeah... the parchment looks a bit out of place.But it's pretty good. :D

I really like this layout however there is a problem with the header size it's way too big.The colours look good and blend well with the parchment which helps make the layout stand out.I don't like the font used in the header for the navigation but the side navigation font looks good.