xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dangerdan

Cristiano Ronaldo Worth ?80m? What you reckon?

Is C.Ronaldo worth ?80m?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Manchester United confirmed today they have accepted an offer for ?80m for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid. Given the current economic climate I feel that this is an absolutely insane amount. Especially as they splashed nearly ?60m on Kaka just a few days ago, and are said to be closing in on David Villa for around ?30m.How has football become so inflated and what can be done to stop it?

Actually, more than that, now that we know it, around E93m. They have wasted a HUGE amount of money in only one player. And I have to stop to think, that the team that I follow can't be able to waste more than E100.000/4 (currency) for a single player.I think it's an amazing amount, and even if he's a good player, not worth it. Definitely not.

These deals are really very crazy! While it does increase the confidence and start power of the player, there's also the danger of making him feel as if he's the king of the team - there's a 50-50 chance of this happening and ultimately it's the team's loss. I think these kinds of deals should be discouraged...

This goes to show that the Soccer world has gone crazy. No players is worth that huge amount of money. 80Million is only the transfer fees. Throw in the wages, image right fee and etc, the club is spending more than 100million on just Ronaldo. Plain madness. And if he suffer a serious injury that will keep him out for an entire season, calculate the amount of losses that the club will incur.

Well, he is kinda great football player. But, in my opinion, he is not worth for 80 milions, 'cause it's too expencive, even for player like him. I think that he's worth for 50 grand.

First time when C. Ronaldo begin with football career, he had a very success. But he started litle, to act in football, and I don't like that football acting. Now I think in Real Madrid he will be better football player. And he will not act too much. I <3 Real M

E80m no way, i think he's the best player in soccer/football but E80m no way that's too much... I think they gave too much away I'd offer something like E50-60 million but not E80 million!

No player is worth ?80m it's a joke that Real Madrid payed that for him. The most he is worth would be ?30/40m. What if he gets injured this season they will lose lots of money. There should be a cap on transfers each season with ?50m being the max a team can spend so if they spend ?50m on one player that's it until next season.Ronaldo's transfer caused clubs to demand huge money from other clubs and Real Madrid for their players.

Come to think of it carefully, the world of soccer have gone crazy. I was reading the newspaper when I came across an article with Darren Bent's picture on it. Image, 2 seasons ago, Bent joined Spurs from Charlton for 16.5 million pounds. To be honest, Bent was and still is an average player. Yet the transfer fee .... this is real ridiculous.

Maybe FIFA and UEFA should do something to Real Madrid. They are definitely spending their "future money" and need to be curbed. Looking at what Plantini mentioned about the spending power of the English clubs, he should start doing something. Real Madrid was on the verge of financial meltdown until the Madrid council step in to save the club. First by building the Bernabau, bought over the Real's previous stadium and then gifting the club the new one.

He's not worth that kind of money. None of them are,It would do professional sports a lot of good to completely fallbroke financially. Right now, it is simply insane. A lot of Arabian Oil sheiks have been saving English teams, such as Fulham andManchester city. Perhaps they should have a law against foreigninvestment in teams. Apparantly it's really made a mess of thingsat Manchester United as well.Who knows how it will end.

Foreign investment is good if they make investment into "smaller" clubs. This will ensure that the smaller clubs will have the spending power to match the bigger boys. This will ensure that the league will be more interesting, thus attracting better players which will translate to higher viewerships. But if the investment is on the big boys, it will only strengthen their grip on the proceeding and soon the league will be one that is predictable and boring. Instead on capping the foreign money, the authority should put a cap on the transfer money. This thing about free market, it will bring the game to its knee.