xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Ps Console Buying Advice please help me out

Greetings fellow gamers! :(Let me first give you a mathematical equation: US $1 = Rs.50 (approximately)Now let me go to the main point. I've never owned a console till now, not even a PS1 :angel: Today I am in a position where I can buy a console with my own money instead of pestering my parents about it. Here's where the real problem starts.As of now I have Rs.7000 in my account - according to the above equation that should be enough for a PS2. The problem is, some of my friends are advising me to wait till I have enough for buying the PS3, but that could take at least another 15 months :excl: It is tempting to enjoy the PS3's graphics but more than I want to hold a console in my hands after waiting all this years!So what should I do in this situation? Can you guys help me out?

Greetings fellow gamers! :(
Let me first give you a mathematical equation: US $1 = Rs.50 (approximately)

Now let me go to the main point. I've never owned a console till now, not even a PS1 :angel: Today I am in a position where I can buy a console with my own money instead of pestering my parents about it. Here's where the real problem starts.

As of now I have Rs.7000 in my account - according to the above equation that should be enough for a PS2. The problem is, some of my friends are advising me to wait till I have enough for buying the PS3, but that could take at least another 15 months :excl: It is tempting to enjoy the PS3's graphics but more than I want to hold a console in my hands after waiting all this years!

So what should I do in this situation? Can you guys help me out?

If I were you, I would wait for the PS3. Maybe by the time you have enough money for one they would probably release a new Playstation console. Lets say they release a 'PS4.' I do not advise you to buy a PS2. PS2 has been out there, and so has PS3. A new console is bound to be released soon.

My advice: Wait 'till you have enough money for a PS3. It would be worth the wait. Sure, it is tempting for not having a console but would you rather have an older console and waste your money on it, or would you rather have another console with better graphics that's worth the time and money?

You should listen to your friends, they are right.

Also, try to see what you can do to raise more money. Maybe go and mowe someone's lawn or rake leaves in autumn or even sell some of your things to your friends or neighbor, I dont know. Dont just sit around and wait for your allowance.

I hope that helped.

Regards,
~harrison858

Thanks a lot for the advice harrison...I've decided to follow it. The PS4 may not come out soon but I'm gonna wait for a while.And btw, I'm saving up my own money that I earned on the net and not my allowance :( Also, over here people don't have lawns so I can't mow them :angel:I think the major reason I wanted to buy the PS2 in the first place was because the games were cheaper than those on PS3. But I completely overlooked the fact that I can use PS2 dvds in PS3 too...no one reminded me of that!

Another console i recommend you to put in your hand is a psp, careful though its a lil pricey but it will always stay the same, knowing you can crack it with only 15 bucks is better than buying games for it you can legally crack it and get games for it via Iso Files, i dont really know if i can give you the website were to get them but the battery used to crack the psp is pandora if your interested, and well google does the job. =] The psp is a grate console lets just say if you want a look how the ps3 looks try that the software they both have are very identical

Thanks for the suggestion - I've seen the psp up close at a store and I think it's a wonderful device....but at the moment I think I will wait - psp games aren't many in number and some of them aren't really attractive - this is just my opinion. It would be nice to own one someday, but I think in my case that day is not today.

I have to disagree with pretty much everyone about this, even though I have a PS1-3, sure you can play all the games from PS1 and 2 there just isn't enough good games out there for the PS3 and besides most of them are geared towards online play then anything else. As for the PS4 it will be about 5-10 years before rumors even begin about that because of how much money has been lost in producing a PS3. My suggestion get a PS2 and enjoy all of the games that it has as you will enjoy them a lot more then the PS3. Of course, I don't know what kind of games you enjoy though so its hard to say which way to go. As for the PSP, to me a waste of time and money especially since the new one that is coming out has a much smaller screen and so I would either stick with the PS2 purchase or wait to you get the money for a PS3 and there are legit rumors of a price drop so who knows you might get lucky.

That's a good point you make Saint_Michael. We know for sure that the PS4 (or whatever else it will be called) won't come out for a long time now. So it does make sense to go with a PS2 or a 3 right now. And your point on there not being many good games for the PS3 is debatable, but nonetheless a very strong point :angel: But there's always the argument that you can play the old games on a PS3, and there may be some good titles for the 3 coming up soon with better graphics and all, so the wait may be worth it. It was good to hear your point of view too :(

well i'm guessing you're quite young o-o so a full time job is out of the question? or even a part time job xD But think about it. If you make so little, or have so little, how will you afford full priced PS3 games? PS2 games are cheaper, yea o-o but gaming is a big sponge. How about you just not buy anything, save up. And when you get a decent job or something. Spend your savings then? lol. Why bother, I never saved xD I spent as soon as I got. Ps2 has the larger catalogue for games. RPG games especially. 15 months saving? man. Just get a nice PS2 slim. Get a Ps3 when you're rolling in the dough. ^-^

well i'm guessing you're quite young o-o so a full time job is out of the question? or even a part time job xD But think about it. If you make so little, or have so little, how will you afford full priced PS3 games? PS2 games are cheaper, yea o-o but gaming is a big sponge. How about you just not buy anything, save up. And when you get a decent job or something. Spend your savings then? lol. Why bother, I never saved xD I spent as soon as I got.

Ps2 has the larger catalogue for games. RPG games especially. 15 months saving? man. Just get a nice PS2 slim. Get a Ps3 when you're rolling in the dough. ^-^

lol you make a good point but my argument's good enough too. Well first point is I can't get a full time job coz I have to attend college, and in my small town part-time jobs are non-existent (mowing lawns? no one's got one! working @fancy restaurants?show me a good one first!!!)

anyway my argument is that the PS3 will stay for a while no matter what, and even if I splurge all my savings onto the beast, I can still afford to buy the PS2 games and play them on the 3, isn't it? and when I do have the money to throw away for the PS3 games, the console will be ready!

Well if you have the money now but the console, if you wait you are going to probably spend it on something else, it is true that ps3 can read ps2 games but only certain models (and I think the most expensive ones) so before you buy it you have to make sure that that console have that function. Then are the games that off course are more expensive and if you have to buy them with your own money then it's going to take a while to save enough money to buy the games you want. On the other hand the ps2 is getting fewer and fewer new games so you will have to stick with the old ones. Also what you can do if it's possible is asked your parents since you have saved part of the money already if they borrow you the rest to buy a newer console and then you pay them back on easy monthly payments... just an idea :)