xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Does Tibia Bring In Viruses?

I played the free MMORPG game a few months ago, but I stopped it because I suspect it brought in some viruses. The virus was such that as soon as I tried to open a .exe file, it would take over the registry and try to dupe me into buying an anti-virus software.I stopped playing Tibia then but still, the game has a pull over me. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone else over here who has played/is still playing Tibia if they have ever faced such a problem...

Well, I've never played that MMORPG, but I would suggest to you that you uninstall the program immediately and delete all files related to Tibia. Then, use your current anti-virus software and scan your whole PC for any viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.If not, then I would get ahold of a staff member of that mmorpg and question them as to why it took over your registry and why you are recieving ads as to buying an anti-virus software.If the staff member sounds like a kid I wouldn't play the mmorpg, if they sound professional and give you good enough reasons then you could believe them. Anyways, after you talk to them see if this happens again. If so, then I would stop.

well I got rid of the game long ago anyway. But what's surprising is that this is a very old game; I think it started in 1995! And yet it has problems like this. I guess the developers have nothing to do with this - could be some players/crackers who might have put the virus in. Well, this serves as a warning to anyone who is planning to play Tibia!