You rhyme-crazy 'all blow-it'?"

The fire that was legend
From the poet got a surprise
These words were written
Only in the vain quest of a prize!

Hmm.. Well at least the poem rhymes.

Poems are, most certainly, not required to rhyme, Harrison :(

@ kasperoony :

It does not feel like you invested much emotion or subjective interest into this piece. Mind you, the underlying humor is cute... but I am, personally, highly attracted to poetry that radiates passion and emotion from its writer. I would be curious to see what you could do with no boundaries implemented, though. Try it, sometime, and see what comes of it. Freestyle, while (often) initially difficult, is a liberating expression. You don't have to worry about intentionally rhyming, or trying to jam words together to achieve said rhyming. Occasionally, you will find rhyme appearing within a freestyle piece, but it's natural and unintentional... and that speaks far more volumes, in my opinion.

Hmm.. Well at least the poem rhymes.

Good work on your poem, if it is yours. I hope.

If you had a fiery-sub title that would be better.

A legendary fire... nice.

Ha ha this is the kind of feedback I like....harsh :angel:

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and just to inform you, this is my own poem and no one in the whole wide world could come up with a lamer one :excl:

It does not feel like you invested much emotion or subjective interest into this piece. Mind you, the underlying humor is cute... but I am, personally, highly attracted to poetry that radiates passion and emotion from its writer. I would be curious to see what you could do with no boundaries implemented, though. Try it, sometime, and see what comes of it. Freestyle, while (often) initially difficult, is a liberating expression. You don't have to worry about intentionally rhyming, or trying to jam words together to achieve said rhyming. Occasionally, you will find rhyme appearing within a freestyle piece, but it's natural and unintentional... and that speaks far more volumes, in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for your feedback;I enjoyed reading it a lot :(

Just to inform you both, this poem was written, as I mentioned in the title, for a contest, and it was hosted on a site called "Legendfire". The contest was to create a poem with "Legendfire" as the title and I managed to finish this only hours before the last date - that's why it's not very neat and needs a bit repairing of course...