xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Make Windows Xp Run Much Faster! (100% Working) Ash-Bashs 3rd Tutorial ;) SO READ IT :D

Hi guys in this 3rd tutorial I have made to get lots of moneyz I will be showing you how to Make Windows XP Run much faster!

Now many of you may have watched video's on Youtube where a 5 year old kid speaks to you for 5 minutes on one part of Windows XP that doesn't speed up your pc at all...

I am not sure if this working on Windows 98 or ME ect... however you can try this will not damage your PC in anyway, shape or form :lol:

But to be safe anyway its for XP :P

Ok here we go follow these steps!!!

However I recommend before doing this you make a system restore point just encase :XD:.

Part 1:

Go to start.

Right Click my Computer.

Go to Properties.

Part 2:

Go to the Advance Tab.

Find performance box and clicking settings.

Part 3:

Here you will see a list of settings

Click Adjust for best performance.

Now if you don't like it you can always go back by clicking Adjust for best apperance.

Click Ok ect...

Part 4:

Go to start.

Run

Type "msconfig" no quotes.

The tab you want to focus on is Start-up

Start-up:

If you have a whole lot of start-up programs which you don't want to start-up when you logon or that you know will slow your PC down at the start-up make sure you uncheck them! If you don't know which some of them are just search Google :)

Please Reply or PM me if you need any help or want anything else added.

- Ash.

My other tutorials:

Password Encrypt Your Files And Folders!, How To Password Encrypt Your Files.

How To Move Files Or Folders Quick Than Another Other Program

hey using best performance tab will make ps look like its having win 98 and if we use msconfig then the only change wiil make the pc boot faster and nothing else

Adjusting for best performance makes windows much much faster, it removes all the effects, transitions etc, in the process it also removes the precious xp theme. If you don't like this you can once again get back to xp theme (or any other), you can change it in display properties (right click in desktop>Properties). Now, the settings previously applied still remain in effect, and you also get back the lost theme.Unchecking the startup programs will of course speed up, but care should be taken not to uncheck any essential startup programs. As advised google for more info about the names to see which program they startup.There are also lots of built in system services starting up during windows startup. Although most of them are essential for the smooth running of the operating system, but there are also some services which doesn't have any use and just sit there hogging system memory also. You can go to services by going to Control Panel>Administrative Tools and double click the services shortcut. For the services you want to be stopped during startup change the startup type in the properties to "Disabled". Now they won't startup and run hogging system resources. Detailed description is given at the right panelm but you may google for more info if you're not sure about a service.

Well I knew most of you would have an argument about this post :angel:. Some say that it can speed up your PC some say it can't the best thing to speed up XP is really to get more RAM and a faster and better processor. However I am sure someone will use this tutorial some time :(.

Many tutorials like this one have been made Ash. 1.12 GB of RAM is enough for me fornow. I don't really care how much you say "ooo yeah, good PC Sky" on MSN. :(

I have only 256 mb ram, then I stop some system services too...If you don't have much ram, then this could be useful.

I am glad this helped you however just a tip Kingston ram has come down in price alot now and I think you should consider buying some.