xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Please Review This Site Please

Dear friends
Please do help me by reciewing a website developed by my friend. Please I would like to have complete reveiw related to the looks, material and the techniques used. Obviously the site is not completed but even I would like to have some serious suggestions in the intial stage itself so that my friend could be able to make changes if necessary. The language used in this site is Hindi (Unicode). So please help me with your suggestions.

http://www.voiceofmp.com/
voiceofmp

Thanks in advance friends.

The first thing you need to do is work on your color coordination, meaning using colors that actually work well as the red, black, green, blue and pink do not work together. I would recommend that you visit kuler.adobe.com and use that site to help with your color coordination and what not. Next drop the marquee scrolling text or find another way to use it more effectively as the alignment is wrong. Next, drop the animated gifs as they don't help much with the site and do more harm then good especially if they are misaligned like they are on the site.

What I like to do is find a good template strip out everything except the layout and the containers and then build from there and so I suggest the following websites to check out.

http://www.opendesigns.org/
http://www.oswd.org/

Remember the layout should fit the type of site your creating and what will be user friendly and easy to navigate.

I agree with the previous poster, the colors seem a bit off. Use bold colors to emphasize importance not for decoration. Moving text over other text is just bothersome to the eyes. If you this is one of your first sites, its not bad at all. The best thing you can do is ask for advise and it seems like your going in the right direction.

I viewed this site on 3.0.10 Firefox. CSS and the links were scattered in page. One title in marque at the top was mixed with another news title. If possible make it ticker at the top by reducing size of font.This site had issue with font when i viewed it on another computer. anyway,you need to test this with the old browsers atleast IE 6. also take a look at the images placed at the top of page. I suggest you to take a look at the some of the designs from oswd and other free open source templates. Overall this design needs lots of tuning. BTW, you checked it with HTML/CSS validation ? if not, try to validate it so to minimize some issues.keep it up with design. Have fun.

I agree with all of the above. And as a user with a 12in screen, I cannot see the entire width of the page at once; this is especially problematic on this page, as it crops off the right side and all I see is "News at" before I scroll over. This may also pose a problem for Blackberry users and users of other similarly small screened devices. Ideally there would be some flexibility within the code so that the columns and text get bigger or smaller based on the size of the browser window :( Much easier to navigate that way.Good luck!

To be frank, I thought the clock was turn back a few years when I saw the design of the website. There is no design sort of to speak. Btw, I ain't sure if it is still in the development stage, but the position of ticker tape is off. FYI - I am using Chrome.

Dear friends Please do help me by reciewing a website developed by my friend. Please I would like to have complete reveiw related to the looks, material and the techniques used. Obviously the site is not completed but even I would like to have some serious suggestions in the intial stage itself so that my friend could be able to make changes if necessary. The language used in this site is Hindi (Unicode). So please help me with your suggestions.

http://www.voiceofmp.com/
voiceofmp

Thanks in advance friends.

site appears great but i feel, it would have been better if the wordings are in english rather than hindi. because, i feel it ont be user friendly. like most people often find it difficult to read hindi text and also u cannot publish it internationally. English is better when compared to others atleast in creation of sites.