xisto Community
Bullseye

Illegal Downloads specialy games

Just read in the news papers that (here in the Netherlands) 75% of the teeners illegaly downloads software.The bigger part of that software are games.Now they want to take on these teeners like they are really hard crimenals.I think the software makers should protect and secure the software better.What about the secrurety from the game Race Driver 2 as far as I know they still didn't crack that( ot in the way you can play any copy of the game whit it)The same software is used in Mcrea Rally.Most of the teeners don't get it ... that it is just robbery that they are doing and that at the right age they are going to a youth prison.Let's hope the game makers learn from those numbers and protect the games better in the future.

Yes, Such law against the kids is really bad. They cannot stop kids from doing things by introducing law. Kids will download stuff as long as they get it. They dont have such an understanding regarding piracy.It is the responsibility of the Game makers to protect the games. The better option is make the Games fithy cheap. If they reduce the price from $25 to $2, they will still be earning. And at the same time, There will be 100 times more sale.

I agree too. Price is the cause of piracy. Another thing I noticed is that is is more convenient to download games than to walk to the comptuer store in a far away town to get a copy.The service from Fileplanet where you can download the files immediately does help. As Opaque said, if they reduced their prices, they will recieve more sales.-Shackman

Yup... For US and Canada, it's common to have a high speed internet. That's why it's great to download rather than to buy away from the very far away stores. Here, it's dial up... So, buy and buy pirated cd's, 10 cents each! :D

I totally agree.Kids do realise it's illegal, but they don't care, because they don't get in trouble.Most of those kids, are teenagers, and teenagers don't want to see something they don't like, untill it is thrown in their face.There is no way to stop this, other than lowering the prices.

couple of things that came to my mind. one of the major problems with downloading illegal software... is allowing a 'test' software to be downloaded, then it is yours to own when you enter a serial key. a serial key is very very easy to get, you can even you google and it will find it. so it were more secure where you had to pay before downloading (ex trillian) then it could stop some people from using cracks. it is possible to find warez but they can be more difficult.as well this is basiclly the same thing as downloading music, in canada a law like this would not pass and if it did, it would have very little effect because the internet service providers are not to disclose any information about what you view/download unless there is like pressing criminal evidence against you with online fraud/hacking. cannot track people if they cant access their stats, so it be a pointless law.

i havent ever downloaded illegally although there have been urges, instead i just dont buy as many games, and i agree definitely that the reason that so much piracy is happening is due to the ridiculous price of the games. Here in england games are like ?30-?35 which i believe is around $55 to $68 dollars for a game, which not everyone can afford to shell out every other week. Anyways introducing laws against piracy is not going to affect anybodys decision to download illegally

:D ok lets see 75% of the tens over there dload software illegally eh?well lets look at something else shall we.....65% of Teens dload mp3's illegally in the US, 45% in the UK 87% of computer enthusiast's( can;t spell =P ) dlaod software illegally in the US alonealmost 79%% of the US population Dload something off the net illegally knowing/unknowingly :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! leave Greenland ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! there will always be things illegal in da world so i say LET IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dont think they will be Legalizing mari - JU - ana anytime soon....

I've never illegally downloaded any software. But about the price thing... The people that make games do not make 20 or 30 dollars per game sold. Some of the money pays the price of the materials. Then, there's marketing and things like that. And then, there are dozens of people who helped create the game, and they all need to be paid. They'll still make a lot of profit with what's left over if the game is really popular. But if it's not, they can lose money depending on how much they put in. I do think that the recent influx of 50 dollar games is a bit much though. (30 dollars is the most I'll pay for a game, so I'm waiting on Sims 2.)

:D I dont mind the price of the games... as the guy above said, all those peeps have to be paid and when there paid off and the games popular ( or sold enough ) the price is usually lessend to atleast half of the original price =P

Just a simple quiz::Which one would you like to have a game that sells for $2 or the same game for free. I would like the free one also. By reducing the price of the games will make alot of people by those games but not all will be like that. Some will still keep on doing what they were doing before.. downloading everything for free. Its hard to stop them and alot ofthem are doing it.This could go into a a economy class.... how much money is spent for materials etc...lol.. marijuana? it's still legal right ... jk.

The ease of finding pirated games has to be one the biggest factors in the ammount of piracy. When it takes >3min to search for it and start downloading, its no wonder why people dont want to drive to a computer store and pay $60 bucks for a game that they can beat in a few days.

I agree that they should make their stuff more secure......The fund millions into making a game....Yet They dont secure them against piracy...Im sure they try, but Ive ripped computer games before simply by using a cd burner and ripping it to a cdr......I believe I ripped the Sims once....Tell me they shouldnt have secured that a little better.