xisto Community
harrison858

Air France Crash 15 more bodies found...

The search continues, and another 15 bodies are found amongst the people that went down a week ago.

Article: Air France Flight: 15 more bodies found

Snippet:

Two bodies were recovered Saturday, and Brazilian and French ships picked up 15 more Sunday after pilots participating in a grid search reported additional sightings. The bodies have been found in an area about 45 miles (70 kilometers) from where the jet sent out messages signaling electrical failures and loss of cabin pressure.

This plane crash is terrible.. Nobody would expect it to happen. The Air France flight got caught in a bad storm off the coast of South America, some miles off into the Atlantic Ocean. Only 15 are found from the two-hundred some aboard, and my thoughts go out to them. It is truly sad for those that were on the flight, and my hearts go out to their families and friends.

I hope that nobody here at Xisto has lost someone in this terrible situation. Just letting you know, incase you haven't heard.

228 I believe are lost total in this crash. 228 is too much for a plane crash, and it would be too many friends to lose. Think 228 not as a number, but 228 of the people you know everyday. My concerns go to the passengers and employees of this flight.

God Bless.
Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

I can't see how it had an electrical issue though. It was fine before it took off, and before getting to the Atlantic. How did they have an electrical malfunction? I can't really picture it falling from the sky. :lol: So horrible. :/

Expected Result. This is a horrible tragedy, but it was unlikely that it could have been prevented. Sorry for anyone's loss.

Yea... Its ashame Airbus wouldn't replace their speed indicators, even if they knew that it was faulty.

I can't see how it had an electrical issue though. It was fine before it took off, and before getting to the Atlantic. How did they have an electrical malfunction? I can't really picture it falling from the sky. :lol: So horrible. :/

Well the plane sent signals of an electrical failure, but it may be referring to its speed indicator. Some sources say that the speed indicator could've been frozen up while being that high. The speed indicator is very important, the plane could go too slow and stall, or too fast and break apart.

Now, they are searching for the plane's black boxes. The black boxes are programmed to emit an emergency beacon signal and will do so for at least 30 days. Lets just hope they can find them so that they could probably find the rest of the debris.

Again, sorry for the lost of family and friends.

I was shocked over the accident and have been following the news in CNN. Its going to be time consuming for the Brazil navy to find blackbox since its hard to pinpoint the actual location of the crash :lol:.

The cause of the crash is not known, but investigators are looking at the possible role of airspeed sensors known as Pitot tubes, among other factors.
Air France has agreed to replace the sensors on its Airbus A330 and A340 jets, a pilots' union said Tuesday.

Still no news about the blackbox and cockpit recorder. Quoted is fresh off CNN
Edited by onscreen (see edit history)

This is indeed a very tragic accident. All those times when I was seeing the programme "Air Crash Investigation" on a Tv channel, I felt really sorry for the people involved. With every new episode I prayed that there shouldn't be another crash anywhere in the world but alas, these things keep happening...Thanks to that very show I know how crucial finding the blackbox is....it will help a lot in revealing the mystery behind the sudden crash. Blackboxes have been helpful in giving us details about what happened in the plane from the moment it took off to the time when the crash was initiated.My condolences to everyone who lost their near and dear in that crash. Let us hope that the manufacturers of the planes and the operators concentrate more on increasing the safety of the planes rather than on increasing their business.

This all accident reminds me of my favorite TV show, the "LOST" TV show.I feel sorry for those who died in this tragic accident, that is why i fear and hate air planes as a means of transportation, in fact, i never been in an airplane, i almost went in to one a long time ago, but then i did the same travel in a boat, it was a vacation time, and if you want to know the truth, i spent a better time on the boat, i am sure of it, traveling in planes suck big time.

You could say that again....you're paying so much just to put yourselves in danger! Even frequent flyers may have had this thought sometime or the other. The first time you board a plane certainly leaves you with a sickening feeling, especially if you're too young.Travelling on the sea has its fair share of cons too (sea sickness and all...) but it's definitely much better and less expensive and more importantly, much more safer.

You could say that again....you're paying so much just to put yourselves in danger! Even frequent flyers may have had this thought sometime or the other. The first time you board a plane certainly leaves you with a sickening feeling, especially if you're too young.
Travelling on the sea has its fair share of cons too (sea sickness and all...) but it's definitely much better and less expensive and more importantly, much more safer.

Wow.. that post reminds me about the Titanic now and how those people wanted to travel to America for a new beginning, and a better life. so many things are tied to one tragic incident...

Hmm the Titanic tragedy is an entirely different matter...it occured a long time ago and back then travelling on the sea was indeed very dangerous. But luckily, we don't get to see such incidents anymore today. Journey by sea has indeed become very safe though it takes a lot of time. We see an air crash from time to time but no sinking ships...maybe it's time people stared thinking more about their personal safety in such matters.