xisto Community
imaginonic

Hi There,another Newbie Here...

Hello ppl,i'm a newbie here,like most of you,here.....but I have some questions...I'd be grateful to anyone who answers my doubts :XD:1)I was wondering,for how long this free hosting will be valid,once my mycent reaches 2$....in short,do we need to be active on the forums even if we get an approved free hosting plan???2)If I reach the 2$ limit,will I get a domain name too? like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ? Something tells me its ridiculous to expect that,but still...a silly doubt :) ... :lol:

Hello ppl,i'm a newbie here,like most of you,here.....but I have some questions...I'd be grateful to anyone who answers my doubts :XD:

1)I was wondering,for how long this free hosting will be valid,once my mycent reaches 2$....in short,do we need to be active on the forums even if we get an approved free hosting plan???

2)If I reach the 2$ limit,will I get a domain name too? like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ? Something tells me its ridiculous to expect that,but still...a silly doubt :D ... :lol:

Welcome imaginonic to Xisto. I have provided some links below that will one keep you from getting banned or warned and then a topic that will explain all about hosting and mycents! Also I have provided the Xisto story on how this all began.

Important Links:

Enjoy the forum! and good luck :P

-Ash :).

Welcome to the Trap, imaginonic

To answer your previous questions, in specific:

$2 buys 1 month of the basic package plan. If you plan to continue hosting your website for additional months or years, you would need to earn at least another $2 by the time 1 month had expired. If you are moderately active, this is no difficult task.

For example, I only participate, currently, in the mornings of Monday - Friday... and that's if I'm not out with my daughter, or job searching, or taking care of other responsibilities. I am unable to check in, at all, on the weekends. I spend a maximum of 20 hours a week participating on these forums, and in that time, in about a month and a half, I have accumulated a little over $20. Mind you, I'm one of the more verbose members around here, so the MyCents 3.0 system appears to like me quite a bit, :) but anyone is capable of achieving what I have done, and better.

[Edit]Later this day, I earned another 2 dollars just from this morning's activity [/Edit] :XD:

No, $2 will not purchase your own domain. By default, your website will be listed as at "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/" (or Xisto, etc.). However, you would be able to, with additional participation, earn the credit which would buy a domain URL. The least expensive domain available may be purchased at $9.99/year. Meaning, to have your own domain on the basic package plan, you would need to earn about $12 for the first month, and $2 for each month thereafter, and another $12 by the end of the year.

If I can earn 2 years of a domain in less than 2 months, then I would not be able to foresee any problems with you doing something similar.

I hope that helps you out! Here is some more information concerning web & domain hosting:

Howto: First Steps to Free Webhosting

The most powerful tool is the engine by which you become known to the world. :lol:

Howto: Earn Your Free Domain!

Possession is 9/10 of the law! :P

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Welcome to the Trap, imaginonic

To answer your previous questions, in specific:

$2 buys 1 month of the basic package plan. If you plan to continue hosting your website for additional months or years, you would need to earn at least another $2 by the time 1 month had expired. If you are moderately active, this is no difficult task.

For example, I only participate, currently, in the mornings of Monday - Friday... and that's if I'm not out with my daughter, or job searching, or taking care of other responsibilities. I am unable to check in, at all, on the weekends. I spend a maximum of 20 hours a week participating on these forums, and in that time, in about a month and a half, I have accumulated a little over $20. Mind you, I'm one of the more verbose members around here, so the MyCents 3.0 system appears to like me quite a bit, :) but anyone is capable of achieving what I have done, and better.

[Edit]Later this day, I earned another 2 dollars just from this morning's activity [/Edit] :lol:

No, $2 will not purchase your own domain. By default, your website will be listed as at "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/" (or Xisto, etc.). However, you would be able to, with additional participation, earn the credit which would buy a domain URL. The least expensive domain available may be purchased at $9.99/year. Meaning, to have your own domain on the basic package plan, you would need to earn about $12 for the first month, and $2 for each month thereafter, and another $12 by the end of the year.

If I can earn 2 years of a domain in less than 2 months, then I would not be able to foresee any problems with you doing something similar.

I hope that helps you out! Here is some more information concerning web & domain hosting:

Thanks a lot guys(Ash-bash and Fractured.Logic),great info!!! Great system too!!!.I've been using x10hosting previously....They have so many restrictions,which is why I'm moving ahead with Xisto..

Thanks again :XD: