xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Nintendo 64 Or Playstation 1...what Was It The Best?

For you Is better n64 or ps1? I think Nintendo 64 had better grafics and the variabity of Nintendo Classic.But my friends say that PlayStation was better than 64...I?m sick of this discussion because of that I bet with them that You will say Nintendo 64 were best...I hope you help me to make some money :XD: :lol:

lol um ok..Personally, I liked the N64 the best. True, it had better graphics. The PS1 was a little bit complicated in connecting the wiring, too. You had to connect it through the cable and all that, it was just too much. PS1 graphics were'nt so good.The N64 controller is unique with different customizations. Its controller is different from the ones today.

For me Playstation had better games than the N64. I don't necessarily judge a console by what kind of graphics it can handle. For the consoles i would normally play RPG games or fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom. Playstation had the Final Fantasy series, Marvel Super Heroes vs Capcom, Metal Gear solid, the Megaman series and a lot of other entertaining titles. N64 had Zelda and a lot of Mario games and Super Smash Brothers. So Playstation would get my vote.

Up until the Playstation, the N64 was the premier 3D graphics console but there were not too many games for it though and tad expensive as well. However, once the Playstation came online it was over for the N64 and the 64-bit graphics engine.

Well, as I didn't have N64, but a lot of people were talking about it, but I really spent a lot of time playing with playstation 1 and I can say that it was really good time and those games are quite "old" now, I would like to play them on some emulator on a PC, so I guess graphics isn't the main thing, gameplay and etc. really matters, the time I spent playing PS1.. All night.. Same as with playing on Amiga 1200 :( Even though I guess I played on Amiga even more.

In those days all consoles were good as long as they allowed you to play games! :( Playing games in itself was a marvel so I think most people didn't think much about which one was better. But in the general sense, PS had to be better as it was the first console to support cds.

Let remember that Playstation unseated Nintendo as the number 1 console. It had better sound due to its ability to play games on CD. Third party support for the Playstation was incredible, which resulted in one of the biggest library of game history.I actually eventually ported over PC since both the playstation and the N64 we lacking in the graphics department. For example, Tomb Raider looked awesome on the computer. Lara had rounded arms versus square polygons on the PS.In the end, if you look at how many really good games each system had, the nod had to go to PS. So thats who my vote goes to.

I like the Playstation 1 better, because it had a lot more games, and a lot better games. Nintendo has all the Nintendo games, but it doesn't have many third party games. Many times, the third party games are better than the games that Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo put out.

I seemed to favor N64 more than PlayStation as a kid mainly because after owning a Super Nintendo i guess they must have impressed brand loyalty onto me. PlayStation was the new kid on the block at the time and had more functions besides playing games, one was the ability to play music.

This is a very hard choice...Yes, the Nintendo 64 had better graphics.. And it boasted the ability to play with 3 others, which was great for good gaming groups..But one thing it lacked was.... Final Fantasy 7 (and 8, and 9 obviously).This makes it a very, very hard choice. I remember playing the N64 all the time (games like Banjo Kazooie and Mario and whatnot) but FF7 is by far my favorite game of all-time (at least right now).Really I'd have to say they're both about equal because of that, :(.If you were to ask about PS2 and Xbox it would be a much easier answer - PS2.

I'd have to say that Nintendo wins this one :( - Nintendo offered the possibility of up to 4 players, while the PS1 offered only up to 2. - Nintendo had better graphics - For me, the N64 was easier to setup. The PS1 had to be connected to my cable with a box, and it made the regular cable TV with blurry shows. - PS1 disks scratched easily for me. - Unique N64 controller.Both:- Customized controllers- Customized consoles- GamesBut thats just my opinion :angel:And I agree that between the PS2 and Xbox it would be easier to answer.

lol Nintendo hired Sony to make them the basic idea of what was the PSX. But they decided to ditch Nintendo and go at it alone xD Good move I'd say. Never owned an N64. So i'll have to say the PSX was the best. N64 has its classics, but they were never ones that got to me. I was quite young though. PSX had the Final Fantasy games ^^ Those got me hooked.

The N64 is the achiever here. N64 had much richer graphics for its time and was an instant classic. Although the PSX had many hardware malfunctions and the graphics side was a bit ripped off from the N64. There are many console scenarios around like:N64 - PSX = N64PS2 - Xbox = XboxPS2 - Dreamcast = DreamcastXbox 360 - PS3 = Xbox 360PC against Console = PC always