xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Sharing With You My New Computer.

Hi guys, I know alot of you on these type of forums like to know what other people have for computers what make ect... I just received my one a couple of days ago (Well the parts I am building it myself tonight :lol: )The total cost of everything was ?1,672.50 (For you americans this is around $2,725.27)Now you maybe thinking what a rip off its just an alien ware or dell... If you think that you are now a FAIL XDAnyway the Specs:Case = This case was made from scratch with my name Ash printed on it in big letters glowing up in a nice blue neon.Ghz CPU Speed - 6.50Ghz (Overclocked)Cooling= The system is water cooled to keep everything to a minimum temperature. Ram= 8GB Ram.Hard-drive 1 = 500GBHard-drive 2 = 500GBHard-drive 3 = 1TBOS = Windows XP & Vista...Monitors 1 = 24"Monitors 2 = 24" I am using duel monitors. Well that is my system I will not go into in-depth detail with my system as I don't want everyone having the same one as me, Think of your own system to build/buy and make your unique.Also if you want reply with your own system! :)- Ash :XD:

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Ghz CPU Speed - 7.50Ghz (Overclocked)

How many cores and or processors?

OS = Windows XP & Vista...

Total... Fail...

I am using duel monitors.

Duel monitors? Do your monitors duel each other or something? If they don't have hands how can they hold guns? Or maybe they duel each other in the way Dennis Weaver dueled that truck driver in the movie "Duel". But then again, your monitors don't have hands so how can they drive? Besides, all of that dueling must be counter productive for you.

Hey, nice one. But you left out a few things you should mention with those things, like monitor resolution, videocard.Anyway, I'm just running a simple laptop(all I need):Hp Dv-7 1090eoProcessor: 2x AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core mobile ZM-80, 2.10 GHzRAM: 3 GB, 800 MHzVideocard: ATI Radeon HD 3450, 256 MBMemory: 2x 232 GB Hitachi HDD (it read 250... marketing sucks! :))OS: Ubuntu and Vista Premium (I'm gonna get ubuntu studio, I want to record sound :lol: )It's not a gamer's computer or anything, but hey, it's good enough for me, all I do is code, surf, play around with audio and watch not-so-new movies...EDIT: what's the point in vista AND xp? What you're trying? double BSOD? :XD:

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Wow fantastic questions guys :lol:.

How many cores

Umm 8 I think.

Total... Fail...

I use XP mainly and vista for school stuff like media ect...

Duel monitors? Do your monitors duel each other or something? If they don't have hands how can they hold guns? Or maybe they duel each other in the way Dennis Weaver dueled that truck driver in the movie "Duel". But then again, your monitors don't have hands so how can they drive? Besides, all of that dueling must be counter productive for you.

An example of Duel monitors:

Posted Image

btw, isn't 8 gigs of ram little for a $2.5k configuration?

Motherboard I wanted only had 4 slots... So had 4 sticks of 2GB :XD:.

EDIT: what's the point in vista AND xp? What you're trying? double BSOD?

I use vista for school stuff or media I find XP rubbish for that type of stuff but I use XP mainly.

You are overdoing it with that much space/hard drives. What takes up so much space? I could easily get away with just a 100GB or even a 80GB HDD. And why two monitors? The only use I can see for them is for gaming.To tell you the truth this seems to be a showoff thread, but that's just my opinion.

An example of Duel monitors:

Hmm those don't look like the monitors are dueling each other. In fact I'm beginning to wonder if they are even duel monitors at all. They look more like dual monitors than duel monitors.
(Tip: Next time spell your words correctly and you'll avoid my sass)

Edit:

I use XP mainly and vista for school stuff like media ect...

Still doesn't change the fact that both of those operating systems suck...

Motherboard I wanted only had 4 slots... So had 4 sticks of 2GB

I hope you're rocking the 64-bit version of both XP and Vista or all that ram is meaningless. Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Case = This case was made from scratch with my name Ash printed on it in big letters glowing up in a nice blue neon.

Any chance of some photos of the case? I'm interested to see what sort of design you've come up with it. Also, how well is it working? Is there anything you would change about the case if you did it again?

Ghz CPU Speed - 7.50Ghz (Overclocked)

Even if the motherboard is out in the open with water cooling, i have trouble believing this is stable. It would be interesting to see a screen recording of the CPU's temperature and speed while it is performing a decent task.

Wow loads of replies :D

Post 6:

To tell you the truth this seems to be a showoff thread, but that's just my opinion.

Its not, I hate showing off for one thing. I only posted it because I thought some other members would like to see what I have come up with and so they can post their opinions.

Post 7:

(Tip: Next time spell your words correctly and you'll avoid my sass)

There are 2 ways of spelling it 1) American 2) English... :XD:.

Still doesn't change the fact that both of those operating systems suck...

Well that is 1 out of however many people replied to this topic, You are the only one that said that...

I hope you're rocking the 64-bit version of both XP and Vista or all that ram is meaningless.

Lol I really am not that stupid....

Post 8:

Any chance of some photos of the case? I'm interested to see what sort of design you've come up with it. Also, how well is it working? Is there anything you would change about the case if you did it again?

I will be taking some photo's soon once it is all built and fully running (The pictures will be of the whole desk, Case, monitors ect...), Not working yet as still needs to be built... And I really would not change anything about this system looks awesome and I am sure it will run awesome! :D

Post 9:

Even if the motherboard is out in the open with water cooling, i have trouble believing this is stable. It would be interesting to see a screen recording of the CPU's temperature and speed while it is performing a decent task.

I am sure it is very stable and the temperature should be too, We will find out though once I have built it fully :D.

Post 10:

Nice one mate, I like the HDDs.

Thank-You I need quite a few for school, Network and downloading :lol:
Post 11:

Thats cool.. Duel Monitors, nice. I wish i had duel monitors.
Duel Monitors need 2 computers?

Yup it is cool :D, No it does not need 2 computers just 2 DVI or VGA slots on your video/graphics card and make sure you video/graphics card can take/support duel monitors :P.

Thank-You for all the replies guys!

-Ash :).

I am sure it is very stable and the temperature should be too, We will find out though once I have built it fully :lol:.

You gave the impression that it was already built. But this explains everything. You won't be able to reach that speed on only water cooling alone, even if the motherboard is in open air, like with the Antec Skeleton. The speed you posted is the kind of speed that would break many world records, and all of those records used either liquid nitrogen, liquid helium or dry ice (i haven't seen dry ice reach 7 ghz, though). I doubt you'd be able to get over 5 ghz, especially while stable, with open air and water cooling (even though you didn't mention that you were going to put it out in the open).

You gave the impression that it was already built. But this explains everything. You won't be able to reach that speed on only water cooling alone, even if the motherboard is in open air, like with the Antec Skeleton. The speed you posted is the kind of speed that would break many world records, and all of those records used either liquid nitrogen, liquid helium or dry ice (i haven't seen dry ice reach 7 ghz, though). I doubt you'd be able to get over 5 ghz, especially while stable, with open air and water cooling (even though you didn't mention that you were going to put it out in the open).

Ya ash, I wonder if your showoff case melts when you try to install vista on your computer :XD:

I would move to the south pole if I were you :lol:

Post 7: There are 2 ways of spelling it 1) American 2) English... :lol:.

I'll take back everything I said if you can show me an english (not american) dictionary that lists the definition of dual under duel.

Well that is 1 out of however many people replied to this topic, You are the only one that said that...

I may have been the only one who said anything, but I certainly was not the only one who thought that. Edited by galexcd (see edit history)