xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

The Xbox 360

quote from https://www.engadget.com/2005/02/04/the-xbox-360-looks-like-it/

Until Microsoft makes their official announcement on it, this one is still firmly in the rumor category, but weve gotten word from one of our trusted sources that Microsoft has pretty much settled on a name for the next Xbox: the Xbox 360 (let that sink in for a moment, because youre probably going to be hearing it a lot for the next several years). Our source, who has worked on several projects involving the Xbox and the Xbox 360, has seen the proposed packaging and other design elements for the new console, and says that as of right now the console is being branded as the Xbox 360. Thats definitely not that first time weve heard that mentioned as one of the possible names for the next-generation Xbox; last year a marketing firm conducted a survey where they asked people whether they thought Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or Nintendo N5 sounded more next-gen (apparently Microsoft was worried that calling their new console the Xbox 2 would make it seem older or less cutting-edge than the PlayStation 3).

i think that is the gayest name ever to call a console

360? maybe there doing a trick :D

what do you guys think?

wow, 360... meaning turning around and coming to the exact same spot. maybe they want it to be like the 'all round (360) system). im not certain of that name, it doesnt sound to appealing. id think some like XBOX2 or X? or something might do a little better. they just dont wanna say its version 2 when playstation has its version 3. i think regardless of the name, ps3 will be better.

I'm sure it's gonna be Xbox 2 Microsoft said so and then theres PS3(there are other names for console Microsoft and Sony!!!) then theres gonna be a Gamecube Next and a Nintendo Revolution...I saw someone say something about a "Xbox Next" I guess they got confused with GameCube Next.

well i like how they like not use the name xbox 2. because it sounds older but, i don;t like the name xbox 360 either. it doesn't make sense to me. it spin around once. and ur still facing the same direaction. but it will make sense if there is more features to it. more then using xbox as DVD. like xbox can be use for mutiple purpose.

I dunno why people take and old name and add a new name(GameBoy doesn't bother me cause what else is there to call it?) I mean really they have many people and all they can think of is "Xbox (insert add-on name here)"...

Xbox 360??? It sounds weird to me and at the same funny! :D I think that it's just a rumour and nothing more, anyway we will see when MS will announce officially the Next Xbox at E3 this May.Apart from all the above, Xbox Next will definetely be released first and sooner that we expect.