xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaks786

New Microsoft Controller

Though that the wii controller was revoloutianry? Think again. Microsoft has unveiled its new Project Natal at the E3 conference. Instead of holding a controller, the tv recognises your moves. There is also a game where you can interact with a character and it seems very realistic

Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8077369.stm

Here is the Microsoft Link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think that it will be amazing if it can do what they say it can. I especially look foreword to the Lion head Game they had, if it can do 80% of what they showed it would be amazing. It seams that they are getting closer and closer to a real working AI. One of my main questions for them is how big is there database that it pulls its words and stuff from, what happens if I stump it. I see this in being a big leap in gaming, bigger then the wii was.

Basically it's a motion sensor and it tracks your body's movement. Im guessing by heat?

I dont know, Microsoft have not released that much information about the actual technology

I dont know, Microsoft have not released that much information about the actual technology

Hmm... It may be by heat, maybe its a motion sensing camera that sees your movements and reconizes it as an arm, leg, head, etc. ?

Hi!I agree with Harrison. There's probably a camera that you have to setup and the controller uses image processing to determine the position of the parts of the body.Hey, perhaps they can use it to get games to adapt to the user. If you see a very very angry face, perhaps it's time to make the game easier to play :-)Regards,Nitin

Hi!
I agree with Harrison. There's probably a camera that you have to setup and the controller uses image processing to determine the position of the parts of the body.

Hey, perhaps they can use it to get games to adapt to the user. If you see a very very angry face, perhaps it's time to make the game easier to play :-)

Regards,
Nitin

hehe yup. It would be nice to see more of these cameras and games to go with them that have to do with emotion, feelings, etc. Cameras like this could be used in other fields than gaming, as well. It can be used to monitor customer satisfaction, for example. Anyways, the technology is fairly new and I guess we'll just wait to see how it benefits us all.

Haha, the Wii remote was revolutionary, 100% undoubtedly. You can not deny that the wii mote was ultimately the inspiration for the plethora of interactive gaming peripherals that was on show at this years E3. It included an interactive glove design for computing gaming to replace the keyboard, where touching the thumb to specific parts of the hand is the equivilient of pressing a certain button on the keyboard. Obviously there is the 360s full upper body motion controller. I also saw an adaptor that allows you to use a wii mote and nunchuk to play computer games, looked pretty sweet to be honest.