xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kimochitim

New Client Your feedback, comments suggestions encouraged

The page links at the top could probably stand out a bit more and have a little more spacing between them. They get lost in the background with such a light gray. The color scheme works quite well though. I'm going off the image rather than the linked site, because the site seems quite broken on my iPod. The styling is completely gone and no images show.

however it still lacks...something. Take a look for yourself. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Um, here's a screenshot of that location. It's missing quite a lot. Have a look at it yourself. Is the screenshot you took taken locally on your computer? Because it doesn't look the same.
post-8528-1245697875_thumb.jpg

I think you could use a more professional design, espicially if it is paid work. I'd suggest a navigation bar under the main banner. A better background from what i'm currently seeing would look better as well.

Sorry, there was so much testing and moving going on that site that what you guys were looking at was very out dated.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The Wordpress theme has been completed.

?Maybe the main background is too dark or the font is a little too thin, but it's a bit difficult to read.You also have two banners, each with the same logo. ?You should probably choose either the top banner or the image, but not both. You're forcing most viewers to scroll before they even see content. ?If you fit the search field to the left of the RSS button and possibly make the RSS button extend into the header a little, you can save yourself a little more vertical space and give a little more emphasis to the RSS link. ?The green color of the RSS button fits the color scheme, but it looks like just a background element. ?You could have the feed icon inside the ribbon brighten on mouse over to make it clear that it is a link. ?Also, at least on my browser (Opera 10), the top banner does not extend across the entire top of the screen. ?It cuts off unnaturally on the right edge.You may also want to even out the shading on the left edge of the background. ?The repeating texture looks like there are a bunch of creases in the paper on the left and it looks a bit unnatural.Overall, it looks quite good, but there are a few minor issues keeping it from looking great.

If this is still going, then the justification of the three columns in the middle are going the the right a lot in IE 7 (Internet Explorer 7). If they were all in the same table justify the table to the middle. Other wise it's looking good, very fluid!