xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webishqiptar

What Programming Language Should I Use?

Should I use C or C++ to create a toolbar, can anybody tell me what programming language should I use to create a toolbar and a place where to start learning this kind of language..

Im no expert in this but I did dealt with this waaay back.. C is a good place to start learning coding.. :lol: C++ is a good code which will be good for your needs..Also as an end user, id stay away from .NET

I am not totally a begginer, because I have some previous basic or intermediate knowledge of php and some javascript, but I need to create a toolbar..so you think I should I try c++, well..do you know any good place where to start learning the basics.??

In my personal opinion, VisualBasic sucks, I haven't experimented much with it, I just don't like it, however it is very easy to code.

I use VB.NET and I think this is an OK language. But if you don't like simple things, you can make on C#!If you want more complicated things use C++. But for beginners Visual Basic is the best. You don't get bad habits, like much people say.

Hi,Visual Basic has a really poor reputation because it was very easy to use and so many, many managers without any understanding of how to write software wrote small programs that have now become integral components of companies' workings. The latest VB.NET is quite different.The real question is, what are you creating a toolbar for? If it is for Windows, C++ or any of the .NET languages are your best bet. There are also a variety of graphics libraries available (such as wxWidgets) that will make your life a lot easier.If it is for the net, Javascript / PHP are quite good. You also have the choice of using Python, plain HTML, PERL and a variety of other languages to help you.Regards

I would suggest using C# as its semi-in the same category (not really) but its really easy to create a ui or a toolbar in this case just go and download visual C# from Microsoft website