xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Songs To Play At Your Funeral

What song would you play at your funeral? Would it be something that will anooy everyone or would it be something that makes everyone want to dance and rejoice? Its up to you :DMine would beMine would be "Ah Ah Ah Ah stayin' alive stayin' alive."

Do they play songs at funerals? At my grampies funeral a non immediate relative played the bagpipes while people were leaving the church. I thought that was kind of nice. I don?t know what song but I would have it played on the bagpipes.

I think I'd like to go out in the same fashion as FDR and JFK, with Samuel Barber's harrowing piece "Adagio for Strings." Those who have seen the movie Platoon will recognize it as the main theme. The music cries pure devastation, it is truly one of the great works of the past century.

I would like some nice music at my funeral. Everyone will have to die one day, so why not make your death a joyous one?Probably some cool music, no sad ones. I don't want people crying at my funeral.My death should not hurt anyone... :D -Shackman

Mine should :D Haha, just kidding. Yeah, I guess I would rather have my family and friends feel on the more chipper side with me gone. I don't know, I just love that song. Maybe Rammstein's "Du Hast" would be more fitting? Haha. And of course, the reception always has some wonderful eats, so any hard feelings will be swept away in the sugary wonderland of post-funeral cakes and goodies. :DGeez, I feel sick, now...

I'd want some old school punk rock! They were for freedom, change, and individuality--having fun while doing whatever you want, and standing up for what YOU believe in. Not your fols or yoiur friends beliefs, but yours. I completely agree with that. Plus it was fun music. I want my last party on earth to rock!

lolz. me and my friend had a discussion like this before when we saw people going to the cemetery and heard their funeral song. Today, things change, and when my gradma had her funeral... i heard the funeral car playing "one sweet day" (by mariah carey and boyz II men. Going back to my me and my friend's discussion... i said, when i die, the music thatll be played would be Hot in here (nelly).. lolz then weird, after a while hot in herre was played on the radio... lolz...anyways, i dunno what song... something happy... or motivating for the people i left... Crossroads by BTNH would be nice!!! =) and Stella's song!

I would play Geri Halliwell's It's Raining Men. It would brighten everyone up, depending on whether they see the men as happy living or dead corpses!!!

Mad World - Gary Jules,Let's face it, everyone is sad at funerals, sad people like to listen to sad music, no one will like to some kinda disco song at a funeral. ?_? anyway, that song makes people feel slightly sad as it is.Of course, my funeral will just be me being put into a box and burried by some gardener..

I would like my DJ(DJ? WTF) to play Live Wire of Mötley Crüe and it goes like this...ready it...it kinda discribes me

Plug me inI'm alive tonight
Out on the streets again
Turn me on
I'm too hot to stop
Something you'll never forget
Take my fist
Break down walls
I'm on top tonight
(Pre Chorus)
No, no
You better turn me loose
You better set me free
Cause I'm hot, young, running free
A little bit better than I use to be
(Chorus)
Cause I'm alive
Live Wire
Cause I'm alive
I'm a live Wire
Cause I'm alive
Live Wire
Cause I'm alive
I'm a live Wire
I'll either break her face
Or take down her legs
Get my ways at will
Go for the throat
Never let loose
Goin' in for the kill
Take my fist
Break down walls
I'm on top tonight
(Pre Chorus) (Chorus)
Come on baby
Gotta play with me
Well I'm your live wire
You better lock your doors
I'm on the prowl tonight
Well be mine tonight
(Chorus)
Come on be may baby
Come on tonight
Come on be may baby
Come on tonight
I'll give you everything
You want inside
Plug me in, plug me in
I want you
Come on tonight

Notice from jlhaslip:
added quote tags
Kindly review the Xisto readme, especially the part about earning credits for Original material only.
Cut and pasting the lyrics for a song is not original material unless you wrote it.

I would say Jane Siberry's Calling All Angels. I've heard it somewhere before and I think it's a good funeral song (for me at least). It's not really a funeral song to begin with but it has this solemn feel to it. Most of the funerals here in my country are too... weird (for lack of a better term) and a bit outdated, in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken some were probably songs during the 70's or something.

At my friend's funeral, someone played Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven acapella. I still cry everytime I hear that song. And my aunt used to sing in the choir and was noted for singing Ave Maria beautifully, so they, of course, sang it at her funeral. It just wasn't the same though.

Honestly, I have no idea what they'll play. Maybe some Sarah McLauchlin or something like that. Cheesy and sentimental is totally like me.

One of my best friends just died. I honestly think In the arms of an angel by sarah mchlaughlin. or fallen by sarah mchlaughlin-Rayray