xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karl77

Inscriptions Open For Beta-test Of Office 2010!

This beta version should be launched in July. The goal is to test many different hardware configurations as well as the 2010 version of:

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, InfoPath, Project Professional, SharePoint Designer and Visio Pro.

If you're selected, you'll receive also a preliminary version of the documentation. This beta version will only be available by download, you'll not receive DVD. 

If you'd like to participate, go to the like here, and have your Windows Live ID with you.

Link: https://connect.microsoft.com/office/Survey;ProgramID=3343

There should be many new features: like WebService button in "external data", Move data for migrations and many more ...

Any comments of feedback can be posted here.

Edited by karl77 (see edit history)

Wow, great notice, I liked office 2007, and finally a new office for windows 7 and Vista. This is such a good news. Hope it has new and great features. I prefer office 2007, and I don't understand some people who don't like office 2007 and prefer to use office 2003.

MS Office is a great tool and most of us can't do without it (in spite of all the open-source applications available) and my only constant complaint is that it costs too much :XD: The basic edition itself costs Rs.7000/- here. That's maybe around USD 145! I don't know if it costs that much in the US...Anyway, the beta is a good chance for us to own it for freeeeeee :lol: Thanks a lot for the link

hmm.. Well Office products cost a lot of money but I believe this is one way to get it free.For me, I would keep 2007. Its only been 3 years and I dont really use Office that much. So I'll stick with 2007 until the next one comes.

I was looking at the website of Microsoft, to find a direct download link, but with no success. I wanted to get Office Word 2010, but unfortunately I found that it was designed to work only on Windows XP SP3 and upwards. So no luck for other versions of XP as I can conclude from the posts in their blogs/technet.

Edited by karl77 (see edit history)

I was looking at the website of Microsoft, to find a direct download link, but with no success. I wanted to get Office Word 2010, but unfortunately I found that it was designed to work only on Windows XP SP3 and upwards.So no luck for other versions of XP as I can conclude from the posts in their blogs/technet.

Do you know that there's a free download of Windows 7 available at the MS site right now? If you downloaded that, you'll be getting a free OS for a whole year and you could download Office '10 too. Win7 is not so bad and it's definitely much better than Vista. I recommend that you give it a try. Here's a direct link: Windows 7 Release Candidate Download

I have officialy subscribed to them Crossing my fingers to get accepted hope it works =]. Cant wait to try out the new microsoft office thanks for letting this out in public. =]