xisto Community
Dave Morton

News Flash! Dave Morton Bursts Onto The Scene Like An Angry Linebacker! Well, more like a too-shy tourist, looking for a clean bathroom...

Um... Hi? :XD: Now that I've either given you a small chuckle (good for you!), or angered you over my impertinence (Coffee... BAAAAAD!), I'd like to really introduce myself.As the name suggests, my name is Phil, and I {Dave} ...huh? {Dave. Your name is Dave!} Oh, yeah. Dave. Sorry. Dunno where that "Phil" stuff came from. Now, where was I? {you were introducing yourself} ...Oh, yes. My name is Phil and I {DAVE!} ...Would you PLEASE stop interrupting me?! It gets hard to think when you start babbling in my brain like that!I'm sorry, all. sometimes I tend to become a little too amused by my own cleverness {?} ... :lol: And sometimes I get just a little silly. I'll TRY to keep that sort of thing to a minimum. I'll ALSO try to keep the voices in check, although I can make no guarantees along those lines. {you got THAT right!} ...Anyways, about me: I'm a middle-aged, self-taught geek, living on the west Coast (sorta), and I do a little bit of everything, when it comes to computers, including repairs, maintenance and modding. I also design web pages, using PHP, mySQL, HTML and CSS, and I write small programs in Vis. Basic. Unfortunately, since all these skills are self-taught, I find that there are some fairly signifigant holes in my experience, so I sometimes have to ask for help in these fields. But each time I DO get help for someting, I end up filling one of those holes, or make it smaller, at least, so it works out. :) I'm also the type of person who finds it extremely rewarding to assist others, so if you have a problem, question, or any other situation where I may be vaguely useful {HEAVY emphasis on "Vaguely"} ...Stop that! please feel free to let me know.

Hello, Dave(or Phil :lol: ) and welcome to Xisto forums.
First off you'll have to take a look at how things work around here, click this for the explanation of how the system works.

You should also check the Board Rules.

There are lots of experts, (most of them have self-thaught themselves too, I think...) which can help you to fill those "holes" you may have in your knowledge. I am self-thaught myself too.

You're myCENTs will be visible after 5 posts. You'll have to first register at https://support.xisto.com/.

Welcome and see you around! :XD:

Welcome to the Xisto and I'm looking forward to your participation here.See you around.

Ok, if I can file you away, I would file you in the weird, crazy, out of his mind. Anyway, welcome. If you're here for the free hosting, I hope you can create something excellent. Good luck and welcome.

Welcome Dave, I'm looking forward to reading any future zany posts from you!

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Hello and welcome Dave and inner voice! You're funny! haha got me clicking on your post irriesistably. I'm Juls, and very new here too! Hope to see more zesty posts from you, and I might just need some vaaague help from ya sometime :lol:

Welcome to the Trap, Sybil:lol:

.... hmm? Whoops! I mean, Dave/Phil or whoever you'll be next week :)

On a bit of a more serious note, however, there is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to tone down on your humor. (- Dave exeunt, stage right. Stage left, back: A young woman is seated, comforting a whimpering mug of coffee and humming it a soothing lullaby -) It's very welcome around here, and I think you'll find it mirrored more often than you'd expect! So, you are sort of living on the West Coast, are you? :XD: Well I am definitely here, whether I like it or not (more often than not, though, I do :P).

I'm very amazed by your list of knowledge and skills! And it's great that you are willing to teach yourself what you know; I wish more people (especially those in the management branches of the work force) were more impressed with the serious initiative that displays.

Bani's taken care of the more important content links for you, already. However, if you feel you need any other help getting started, please ask! Though... I'm more in a position to ask you to take me on as an "apt pupil" (though I promise not to go psychotic and threaten you with fingerprint matches if you don't wish to :D).

Anyhow! I think that just about covers my part of the unofficial welcoming committee around here. I'm one of many who enjoy jumping in and treading the shark-infested waters, so feel free to barrage us anytime with conversation or curiosities alike! So, take care and have fun! I look forward to seeing you around!

Hello Dave, have a pleasant stay at the greatest of the forums - Xisto :XD:

I'm sure you'll have no trouble obeying the simple rules, just open the links Baniboy gave to you and you'll be all set to get a fantastic hosting service!

While you're at it, have fun around here :lol:

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome(s). A severe shoulder injury has kept me from my computer, which has caused endless agony {and soothing quiet} ... :lol: , but I'm recovering nicely, and will be back in full swing before you know it. As to the free hosting, I've actually got a web host already, so I'm here more for the beer & pretzels, and wonderful company, than anything else. And, of course, to lend whatever sort of assistance (as long as it's not moving furniture) {or anything requiring intelligent thought} ... (GAWD, I hate that guy!) that may be needed. I've read the guidelines for posting, but I'm still unsure if just listing my site would violate the rules {he's a little slow, folks. He used to take the LITTLE bus to school! :XD: } Would you PLEASE shut up about that! Anyways, some advice regarding whether I can post the link to my site (it's a personal website, somewhat along the lines of an online resume) would be appreciated.I think that's about all my shoulder can take, for now. Not to mention that I don't want to give THEM any more ammo {hee hee!} Have fun, and see you in a day or so. ^ ^