xisto Community
webishqiptar

Addon Or Parked Domain!

I have decided to buy a new domain and transfer my forum files from the sub-domain to the domain of the same aaccount on xisto Xisto - Web Hosting. So my question is, do I have to create a new addon domain or, a parked domain..can anyone tell me??

So you have this Domain name and need to know what to do with it.If you want it to go to the existing account Index file and the Account Root File structure, then Park it.Add-on Domains can be pointed to a specific folder of your account.Does that help?

Depending on the type of forum software that your using being able to redirect to the new domain from the old one will usually have a process. However, to have all the links point to the new domain I do believe it has to be parked, but I think you could do the same for an add-on domain as well, but depending on the forum software they will tell how to set up that process.