xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

The Best Cheap Camcorder I've Found... Im getting it

Posted Image

This lil beauty is a Hitachi HV565E High Definition Pocket Camcorder.

With 5 x optical zoom and 1080i high definition this is probably the best buy I've found for a camera.

Here are the rest of the specs:

AV output.

Premier lens.

Manual focus.

4 x digital zoom.

Webcam function.

2.5in LCD screen.

5m pixels camera.

Rechargeable battery.

Battery level indicator.

Computer format USB 2.

Recording formar USB 2.

32Mb built in memory. SD cars supported.

Upto 200 minutes recording time dependant on SD card.

All that for Ł117.39 at Argos! Which is really cheap. I looked in the catalauge and saw sony camcorders that weren't half as good selling for up to 4x as much. Also, right next to this camera was a camera less good that cost more. Unbelievable!

So yeah, I'm definately getting it. I also looked it up and saw that quite a few people were happy with it. It can also fit on a tripod which is one of the things I need most.

Just take a look at this footage recorded with this camera:

nhLtn03MHhw

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Pretty good if you ask me (Remember to click the HD button to see the cameras HD quality.

I'll definately be buying it and I'd reccommend it to anyone else too.

Hi!It's pretty good, except for the 32MB built-in memory... you need to factor in the cost of the memory cards that you'll be buying. If you're getting a camcorder with a hard disk, you're looking at about 40GB of storage space.Canon has some pretty good deals on their camcorders for higher-end models, although you can't get the accessories for it yet - Canon ships the lenses but not the microphone, light or flash... you can, however, plug in a standard microphone, and use a light/flash that fits onto the tripod.Regards,Nitin Reddy

Hi!
It's pretty good, except for the 32MB built-in memory... you need to factor in the cost of the memory cards that you'll be buying. If you're getting a camcorder with a hard disk, you're looking at about 40GB of storage space.

Canon has some pretty good deals on their camcorders for higher-end models, although you can't get the accessories for it yet - Canon ships the lenses but not the microphone, light or flash... you can, however, plug in a standard microphone, and use a light/flash that fits onto the tripod.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

Yeah, but it takes SD cars too so I wouldn't even use the hard disk. Also, I find it much easier to get my clips onto computer via SD and a converter than messing around with all that extra camera software. It's perfect for me. To be perfectly honest. I'd settle for less than 32MB built-in memory if it was cheaper. I pefer to not have to buy the things I don't really need like a camera in argos that can upload to youtube straight away. Pointless for me as I like to edit my clips and actually put them together.

The sound quality says basic in argos but according to people who have used it, it picks up even a whisper.