xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
proskiier23

Jetman Type Game in adobe cs4

I am trying to make a remake sort of, with flash of jetman... with my own characters and backgrounds, i know that i want to probably either do clicking for upwards propulsion on the y axis or either just simply make it follow the mouse... the problem i am having is with collision detection because i have never done that before, (basically when the character(mouse) hits the walls or other obstacles the game should end)anyone have any suggestions for me, or maybe a nice tutorial out there somewhere to help out with this a bit, I am pron00b at actionscript

I made a small game in flash a long time ago where you steer a space ship with the arrow keys through an obstacle field. I used MovieClip.hitTest() for that.

Create a list of (x,y) points that define your characters perimeter. Put the collideable level in one movie clip and call clip.hitTest(x,y,true) for each item in the perimeter list each move frame.