Star Trek Review My own personal review on the Star Trek movie

Storyline - 7/10

Opener 9/10

Actors 8/10

Special Effects 10/10

Easy to follow 8.5/10

Conflict 8/10

Conclusion 9/10

Ok now that I have the scoring, I will post the actual review.

Storyline - 7/10

The storyline overall was pretty good. For beginners, it did do a good job of starting over from the beginning. I did notice some people were kind of mad that it did not follow the regular Star Trek storyline of the past, however it was overall really interesting to watch. There were a few things I did have a few issues with, including the fact that I didn't get enough information about certain things, and was just expecting to know from the beginning, which I'm sure most Trekkies knew, but I felt kind of dumb not laughing with the rest of the audience when there was something funny and it just flew right over my head.

The movie overall did have some comical parts so its not just for those Trekky people, which I will get into later, and it is overall an amazing storyline, so if you have been debating whether to go or not, well I say you should definatly see it.

Opener 9/10

The movie starts with a great opening scene. Kind of hard to follow at first as I didn't know who any of these people were that were in the movie, but I did understand it after a few minutes into the movie, and starting getting the gyst of things. I think that people could definatly get into this movie if they really tried, but its not one of those movies where you have to put a huge effort into knowing everything as things come together pretty fast.

Actors 8/10

The actors were just great, I believed who they were, what there were there for, and that they were enjoying themself or whatever emotion they were trying to portray every single second of the movie, the man who played Spock was just phenominal, and did a great job not showing emotion for the most part. I don't really think theres much more I can say on this part except that the actors were great.

Special Effects 10/10

Special effects was where I was outstanded, they used it in light moderation, where I can awe at the talent and effort put into making this movie, yet I can sit back and not feel like I am being pounded with every little thing they put in there just because they can, not because it helped the movie in any sort of way. The enemy vessel was amazingly well detailed, and thought that it's movement was just cool overall.

Easy to follow 8.5/10

I've never seen one star trek episode ( I know its bad, but it never looked like it would interest me ). The plot was somewhat difficult to follow in the beginning. But for those who have not seen the original episodes, fear not! It does not follow the storyline of the whole episodes, and its pretty much starting over from scratch, so if you have been meaning to see the movie, but scared you might not understand whats going on, well you will be fine! It comes together very nicely in the end.

Conflict 8/10

I like the way they made the conflict sort of reveal itself near the end, you don't exactly understand what is the problem really, except that they are getting attacked until nearish to the end, where you find out. I like this as they reveal what basic knowledge you need, without just coming out and saying it like some movies, which somewhat makes it predictable (other movies, not so much this one).

Conclusion 9/10

The main reason I like this conclusion is because it leaves you kind of hanging, but gives you some sort of ending to come home with so you don't go home completely empty handed. Do I think there will be more Star Treks? Yes definatly. Do I think I will probably go see the future Star Treks? MOST definatly, I was pleasantly enjoyed by this film, and it wasn't one of those films that they rushed to get out there, it looked really, really good, and I am happy.

Overall 59.5/70