xisto Community
-Sky-

What Type Of Gamer Are You?

I used to be a big gamer but as the time has gone by I've kinda got lost in all the new stuff. I just don't really enjoy getting games just because they have amazing graphics or great physics. Anyway, I used to game alot and I even have a Sega Megadrive which is at least 15 years old now... So I kinda got into the retro gaming side of things.I like some of the new games though. Call of Duty 4 is one of the favourites at the moment. I didn't like the rest of the Call of Duty games though. Besides from that there aren't very many modern games that I enjoy as much. So I kinda like a mixture of the older and the newer games and although many people don't like it much, I love the Wii as it's something fresh and new that hadn't previously been done.Anyway, what type of gamer are you? I don't really know what type of gamer I am. Every game I see I automatically think I won't like it so I only really buy games I've tried at a friends or something. I'm never willing to waste money on a possibly bad game. I still like the platforms and the arcade games too.

Used to be a hardcore gamer. Trying out every possible games in the market and stick on some good ones. Later in 2005, i got hooked into MMOs and became an addict to it. Right now, having a career and the future seems to be all booked up, i hardly have space for gaming except on poking around some RPGs, shooter and if some of the upcoming MMOs appeal me, i would maybe subscribe one of it and thats all.From my view, i consider myself a casual gamer now, hardcore no more.

It is a shame you have lost your way :lol:My I say go play some Counter-Strike Source, it will help you re-enter the gamers world. Anyways I'm an extreme-hardcore gamer only when I get the chance, last years of school approaching so that will change soon. But I know everything about tech and games, and I consider myself a Extreme Professional at Counter Strike Source. I know how every aspect of the game works, I mod for the engine, I map for the game, I create skins [not so much] and I have many techniques for all weapons x 2.So yes I'm hardcore, but that is been recently restricted but soon I'll get back to it. :XD: Hope you do aswell

I'm a classic gamer I guess I would call it. I love to play any classic game, sonic the hedgehod, super mario bros, punch out, zelda, metroid, megaman, all those games I just love to play. I fire them up on the original consoles all the time and just love it. Even though I like the older games, I love newer games like the Halo series, Call of Duty series, and them, the UFC game is awesome, I like those fight games, anything that is a blast to play with friends I'm in for it.

I am a new gamer. I grew up with computer games not consoles really, but we did have an Attari system when I was really little. Now a days I play a lot of simulations, like Sims and Sim City and Stronghold. and a few adventure games like Myst. I bought a console just to play the Harry Potter games though. I also like Fable. So what exactly does that make me? Oh, I also have Unreal Tournament on the puter but haven't played in a while.

Hi!I play CounterStrike 1.6 and CounterStrike Source with my buddies at work. It's loads of fun. Sometimes, we also play Unreal Tournament '99 and Unreal Tournament 2004. UT2004 is not as much fun, unless you're with a group that actually knows how to play it, but CounterStrike is more of a point-and-shoot kinda thing.I liked Need For Speed initially, but it got too monotonous to keep playing over and over again. I then switched to Grand Theft Auto which was lots of fun. If Grand Theft Auto had a native multiplayer option, it would be lots more fun. (Don't even mention MTA here! :-P)Regards,Nitin Reddy

I used to be a big gamer, but then realized how much of an unproductive use of my time it was amounting to be. Generally though, the few games i might play now, feel or seem like something Ive played before. Playing games like "world of goo" recapture my interest as they are original, not some shallow rehash experience.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

@BloomHi!You've really got to try out Grand Theft Auto. It's got so much to offer that you'll wonder why they don't make more games like it.It's got a story-line, it's racing, it's a first-person shooter, and it's an arcade - all in the same game!The last game in the Grand Theft Auto series that I played was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I never finished it though - perhaps there's something I had to do to access more missions, but beyond a point I didn't get anything. It was pretty much the same when I tried to play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - no missions and there's nothing for me to do. Oh, and the missions in San Andreas with the planes were simply annoying - they were too difficult to get through. I wonder if Grand Theft Auto 4 is better.Regards,Nitin Reddy

I have actually played GTA!. Ive played GTA1,2,3 Vice City and San Andreas. Ive always liked GTA, especially vice city but they were starting to go past my system spec with San Andreas, at which point i wasn't really motivated enough to purchase another computer. Maybe when they come out with the next GTA, i might get my next gaming rig.

Hi!@BloomYou've been following Grand Theft Auto ever earlier than I did! I got onto the Grand Theft Auto bandwagon with Grand Theft Auto 2. It's strange how the numbering stopped after GTA 3 and then continued with GTA 4.I've run to the point where I need to consider buying a dedicated graphics card to do any serious gaming. The laptop I got a little over a month ago has Intel's integrated graphics. I run CounterStrike Source with full detail, while Unreal Tournament 2004 lags a little though it goes un-noticed after a while.I'm pretty sure my system can't run Unreal Tournament 3 or Grand Theft Auto 4. It's getting such that I have to get a computer that's actually been built for gaming, which means I need to turn to Dell or AlienWare instead of HP and Lenovo.Regards,Nitin Reddy

Hey Nitin, yeah at the moment I'm using a laptop. Its a IBM Thinkpad with Radeon 7500 graphics although this is 2001 technology it still plays a lot of modern games, you'd be surprised! In 3dmark 03 i got a score of something like 4995 (overclocked graphics). Which is not bad if you compare it to my mums laptop which got around 9300 and is a HP laptop with a Geforce Go 7400 (she got it new last year).The main problem is the Radeon on my laptop only has 32 mb dedicated memory. It could potentially play a game like "painkiller" well, but becomes buggy if the resolution is set to high, anything over (640X480) will be too much. Still very good card for its time. I might consider a dell for my next PC, that is if i can put my own selected graphics card in of course. I reckon i might try for the next gen graphics cards when they come out, this may last me a few years like my old PC.

Well GTA 4 is way better than all others, and on topic, well i've been playing games for the last 15 years or so. I used to play single player games but now i have started playing multiplayer games and singleplayer games sometimes bore me, except for games having series like metal gear, prince of persia etc.

It's strange how the numbering stopped after GTA 3 and then continued with GTA 4.

That is because those number actually depicts the version of the engine used in the games. So vice city and San Andreas where actually based on the engine used in GTA3. And now the new version of the engine is GTA4. So may be to announce this change they add the version of the engine to the first game they create with it.

I play RPG's like World of craft, Diablo. Although I am not addicted to RPG's, but I play lots of third person action adventure games like Tomb raider, Prince of persia and now Mirrors Edge. I also sometimes play Counter strike with my friends, but thats only when they call me to play. So, I am like professional in any adventure game, I easily master them and more importantly I like them very much. So on the whole I play these adventure games with a little bit of FPS games and RPG's. I am a moderate gamer.