xisto Community
softaculous

Softaculous Auto Installer

My Team has recently developed Sofatculous - An auto Installer : http://www.softaculous.com/ We now have 75 scripts which is much more than those offered by our competitors and we will strive till we have atleast 100+. Softaculous is a FREE Auto Installer, which means you can save nearly $2/month/server if you use paid Auto Installers. Softaculous is different from its competitors in the following ways: 1) We look much better: http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/ 2) We have latest versions of Scripts making Softaculous MORE SECURE 3) We have a standard and better API to add softwares 4) We are actively developing and adding new softwares 5) We install in just One Step. Please try it at the Demo. 6) Softaculous has DEMOS 7) Softaculous has RATINGS : http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/ 8) Softaculous has REVIEWS systems 9) AND we are FREE! So we encourage you to please install SOFTACULOUS and make many scripts available to your users. If you offer VPS and Dedicated servers, it will help you save some GOOD amounts as Softaculous is FREE and also you will be providing a better SOFTWARE than the other auto installers! Installing Softaculous is just a ONE Minute job. Please see the installation procedure at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ If you have any comments please post them here. Regards, Softaculous Team

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Yes, I've used this on my website. I installed WebMail (Squirrel) but could not login to it, nor an admin panel is included. I found it pretty boring without an admin panel with it.

We've got more good news, ANOTHER 15 SOFTWARES.
This makes the total count to 75 Softwares.
Following are the new softwares added:

phpShop phpBook
BellaBook
VX Guestbook
Lazarus Guestbook
RicarGBooK
Crafty Syntax
Help Center Live
HESK
osTicket
ExoPHPDesk
phpSupport
Open Web Messenger
phpOnline
Aardvark Topsites

Hope you just enjoy it more!

Regards

I love cpanel -fantastico too, but why use this, if I have a hosting account...When I need dedicated hosting than it is ok??..does trapp17forum offer dedicated hosting??

Well you should use SOftaculous because its much faster.
Its got a Rating system in which other users have voted so that any newbie can choose the best software
Also we simply offer many newer POPULAR softwares like MyBB, AEF, Lifetype.
So you get a taste of new softwares as well. And these softwares are added only if they are worth being added!

Near enough all the software yours has in, Fantastico already has. Name a few things that Softaculous has that Fantastico does NOT have.EDIT: Can't you atleast put on an Invision Power Board v1.3 in the Forums section in your software?

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Version 1.3 of IPB ?What license do they use ?Is it GPL ?Also we have 75 softwares and fantastico onll 50 or 52So 23 - 25 softwares more.Moreover we give DEMOS, Ratings and Reviews.And to top it we are free!So now what is better SOftaculous or Fantastico

Invision Power Board v1.3 is a Security nightmare. It is sitting there waiting for an injection of nasty stuff.I would suggest you do not use Invision Power Board v1.3 even if it is free. The holes in it have not been repaired for years. Also, there are conditions for its use that IPB will enforce, so it is not a suggested Forum Software.Check out AEF Forum Software from anelectron.com. It is included with a Softaculous install, too. Lots of features and plenty of Ajax, including the Shoutbox which is included in every copy. No Mods to allow the use the Shoutbox. Simply enable it.

Maybe so haslip, but AEF sucks compared to IPB. Sorry mate. And the "holes" as wwe speak can be patched up by professional IPB coders I think.

Another 15 applications of what software are being released may I ask? Can you get like vBulletin or something? :lol: