xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forte

Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

Quite a hot topic in the video gaming community right now, the long awaited remakes of Gold and Silver have been announced in Japan. The rumor from a few months ago was that Nintendo put copyright on the names "Dawn Gold" and "Dusk Silver", and finally that rumor has been brought to reality in the form of "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver", the new official names for the games' Japanese release, both are of course, coming out for the DS. I know that it's been a pretty big thing amongst fans of the series to want Gold and Silver remade in the same way as Red and (strangely enough) Green, and I'll admit, Silver was great, but being released so soon after they released the stereotypical "third game" (Platinum in this case, where it was first Yellow and Crystal to Emerald) seems like a bad idea, even if it'll take the rest of the year to be out in Japan. What we know now is pretty limited, but I'm hoping that they'll reveal some pretty big info about this, especially including its extra features and things to make it that much better than Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, outside of just being a remake of the most popular Pokemon games to be made. So, what do you think?

Nothing will compare to the original 150/151 pokemon. All these new hybrids and pokemon cloning are terrible. Gold/Silver/Crystal were ok and Ruby/Sapphire/Emeral were tolerable, but "catching them all" when there's 1000 pokemon is too hard.As for the remake, they better not make too many changes to it or else nobody will buy it. It's bad enough that they are remaking it (Gameboy Color for the win) but if they add too much to it, the game will be ruined.

From what I've seen, your starter pokemon will follow you around, just like Pikachu did in Yellow. The graphics are overall very diamond/pearl/platinum like, and the overworld is pseudo-3D. It'll most likely have WiFi and probably interact with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as it if were one of them. Of course, personally, I can't stand a pure remake. I'll be needing a bit of extra content if I'm to buy it, so here's hoping for more of what made Gold and Silver great...

Personally I don't think they should make a remake, I was disappointed with the remake of red and green, I mean nobody can beat the original pikachu edition. Theres nothing wrong with graphical updates to the same game, if it was free, but another whole game is just a waste. I think they should spend their resources on making a completely different story with pokemon, I'm talking different than different, not just different pokemon/story, but more in-depth battle system, and storyline.

These people never learn! They just want to squeeze out more money out of the fans but don't offer them anything new :lol: This franchise has given us a lot to talk about, but I personally feel it's high time that at least the game series be laid to rest, instead of churning out more and more sequels.New pokemon with stranger names and equally strange powers aren't going to make the games anymore interesting. Perhaps the makers should realise this and try to modify the game by introducing new gameplay elements rather than dumping another bunch of new pokemon!

I think this game will be good , but as a pokemon gamer would like to see new pokemon , but not just new pokemon a new story line and no new lengendary pokemon there is to many :)I am 8 and have pearl,diamond,and platinuim games and also all the other games from when my older brothers played pokemon (origenal blue and red) and I think the old ones are a bit better ,The reason I say this is that in the game there is an evil group like in all games called (team galactic) bu I think team rocket should make a come back:)I also think there should be a new way of battling and a completely new story line :)I would like the new game to allow you to travel to all regions in the pokemon world and battle all the gyms and compete in all the legues :)And give you a chance when you travel to each region to catch every type of pokemon and legendary :) with none of the event crap in the new ones :)Thanks for reading:)-reply by matthew

Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!Replying to TheDisturbedOneHey guys it IS possible to Catch 'em all.Pokesav is the solution.You can only use Pokesav if you use an R4, Supercard, or any DS cartridge that has a memory card.Just type 'Pokesav' onto Google, open the top link, find 'Pokesav' on the menu on the left, click on it. There is a summary of Pokesav. Find 'Download' on the right-hand menu, click on it, download the English version for either "Diamond/Pearl" or "Platinum".Almost done! Now you just have to take the memory card out of the cartridge and plug it into a USB / Thumb Drive / Flash Drive, plug the USB into your CPU.Now you're ready. Just open Pokesav and a complex grey window should pop up. Click 'Open' on the top-left menu, find your USB file, open it, and then open your Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum sav file.Pokesav is a hack, so if you don't want to change the game I reccommend you don't do it. The software downloads quickly, and is very easy to use.-reply by Pokesav man

Remakes In GeneralPokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

Some of us seem to think the remakes are crap, I see... However, I believe they are necessary, if not required. As it is, some who are new to the realm that is Pokemon have never seen a GameBoy or GameBoy Color, so these remakes, Fire Red and Leaf Green being prime examples, are quite needed. Otherwise, these newcomers would be somewhat out of the loop. You need to realize that with the addition of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, we're up to four regions: Kanto, home of Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green; Johto, home for Gold, Silver and Crystal; Hoenn, point of origin for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald; and Sinnoh, the set for Pearl, Diamond and Platinum. Counting each region's collection of Pokemon, we're not looking at thousands of creatures as SOME seem to be implying. In fact, even counting each different Unown as a seperate creature, we're looking at a maximum total of 520 Pokemon. (There are 28 Unown, A-Z, then ? and !)So, the way I see it, the only way you're going to find 1000+ different Pokemon is by playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Though if you must know, I do suppose you could count Giratina's 'Origin Form' (gained by giving Giratina the Griseous Orb) and Arceus' different-type forms (by giving Arceus a Plate to hold) as seperate creatures, even there though, that tops at 533, throw in the eastern sea variants of Shellos and Gastrodon to top 535, and Rotom's alternates brings you to 538, counting Deoxys' forms, you max at 541 different creatures, provided you count each 'form' as a different creature. For the curious, look up the Pokemon Platinum Pokedex, they show all possible alternate forms for different pokemon.

In the meantime, everyone... Enjoy yourselves. I'm off to mess with a few Rocket goons.

-reply by ARC056

legendariesPokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

The only new thing I am looking for in a pokeon game is a handheld one where you can actualy catch ALL of the legendary pokemon without having to trade with other versions or going to some event and so far gold and silver are the only ones that did that (although there are now new and different pokemon that they obviously hadnt thought of then) so I just hope that stays the same with heart gold and soul silver. I would like to know though if they are going to include the legendaries from diamond and pearl.

-question by 000000001100110100011

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I've been a die hard Pokemon fan since the original release. I'm not too obsessed about collecting them all. For the most part I just enjoy using my favorites. Really I'd just like to see a 5th generation already, or even better something with real time. That'd be cool. I just like the designs they make for them. I remember I hated the majority of the 4th gen at first glance. I soon found myself attached to Luxray and eventually the others became accepted. x3 Pokemon for life <3

Not YetPokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

I think they should hold off HGSS for a while and focus yet again on the kanto series. FRLG werent exactly perfect to me as, as soon as the DS came out I believe after DPPt. They should restart the entire series so that it will become possible to obtain all 541 Pokemon and you can really catch em all. :)

too many pokemonPokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

I have owned and played every pokemon game... Love the series but its getting to big on pokemon...I'm serious u can't even fit every pokemon into the boxes so how are u going to catch them all when u cant have them all...If pokemon hasnt gotten so popular I would get rid of it all together...All the new pokemon are not even as close to the creativity of the the first 150...I liked the old graphics because that is what made pokemon,I believe It be a insult to remake silver,because you cant get better...Just take the gameboy color game and turn it into the ds game without making any changes...Thank u for reading this

One last game, One last pokedexPokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

Ever since I played my first pokemon game (Silver) I've been hooked. I have played everygame now and I will always be a pokemon game fan however, their are too many pokemon now. 500+ is alot to keep up with. I love pokemon and as much as it pains me to say I believe they should end the series. Most of the games are great but it can't last forever. They're racking their brains trying to think of new pokemon and they just aren't as fun or creative as the originals. What started as a phenomenal game has just turned into a way for them to pinch every bit of cash out of it they can. I think its time to end it, and they should end it with one last game. A game where you can start in Kanto and work your way through the series all the way to Sinnoh, and be able to catch and evolve every pokemon and legendary pokemon without having to trade with other gba's. One last game, One last pokedex with every last pokemon available (where you could REALLY "catch them all") would be an incredible way to end the series. The pokemon fans (me included) would go crazy for it.

-reply by Chris

ex-poke fan man.Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (remakes) Confirmed!

hi all, just wanted to say that I was a big fan of pokemon, until I found out about naruto, which completely blew my frickin' mind...And I got to agree with some of you guys, the new pokemon soul silver is pretty much just a remmix of theoriginal soul silver...How disappointing... I have an r4,and I downloaded the japanese version, and I just started so far..Mmkay??

The starters are the same, which is cool, cause I love cyndaquil to death ( hes so cute) and there is still that peeping tom outside of the lab when you start. When you talk to him, he just pushes you. : | that isnt very nice.  ok, so I just wanted to tell you all, so...Yeah.

OH and I agree with the guy, ya know, that guy whose topic is "too many pokemon" ...Hes so true. Way too many pokemon, and they just look more deformed than ever. And what happened to the creativity of the first 151?? they were the best, and always will be!! and hes also right about the huge amount of pokemon now...Theres too many! well I gotta go..And I gotta kill em all. See yas! ;D

-reply by gotta kill em all!! :D