xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

"you Are Very Shy", The Girls Tell Me...

Hi I wanna tell you that I have always had this problem. Since I was a child my Shyness ever was with me. I never talked with a girl with "love intentions"...Do you understand what I?m saying? In the school my classmates bother me when they said that I was in love with some girl. That were embarassing moments for me, because I always was in loved with those girls who they bother me but I had not the courage to confess it.I wanna say that my mom is very jealous with me, She doesn?t like that I meet girls that doesn?t like her.My shyness dicreased a little with I meet to my wife, but a little... Because I feel shy with my sisters in law and...my mother in law. My tongue is almost locked when I talk with them....My shyness took me to take the decition of take a break with my marriage, but this half breakup with my wife only brougth more suffer...I?m totally dependent of my wife...In my work my female partners always said me "You are very shy, Why?" I?m tired of listen this phrase, but simply I can?t change.I?m resigned to be like this. I think I born with my shyness as part of my personality... I can?t do nothing...

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

shyness is curable.Although seeing you live with it your whole entire life is rather strange.Have you ever tried seeing a professionalist on that?even if your shyness seems to only occur around women. i'll tell you this. you don't need to be shy our you can at least tame your shyness around female family members.& if thats not even the problem, then maybe the women around you aren't used to "obscure" natures.you can do something though to make you feel better of your shyness :]just think about all those people who open themselves up to much and end up getting themselves into situations that are either bad, or ridiculed. hopefully you will meet someone else *female* that likes shyness. Shyness is a major turn on to some girls, it shows class and containment to them. i really do hope you find someone like that :) because it really does seem like your shyness is un curable.

all your type of shyness is, is a fear of something. most commonly, rejection or a fear of what others may think of you. although you will probably be shy the rest of your life if you feel you were born this way, you need to sometimes get over your fears by facing them and confronting them. it will be hard, but good practice for those times when your shyness will get in the way of what you want. you may be tired of people noticing how shy you are and stating how shy you are and asking why you are so shy, but as far as the opposite sex goes, some women find it appealing rather than dealing with the opposite of shyness.

to say you can't change is the most ridiculous and untrue statement i have heard in a long time. you can change....but since you are believing in something different, it just means you WONT change. that's your choice. you would rather be shy all your life rather than face your fears.

you ever heard the expression, what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger? this is true in your case right now. do something for yourself. one day, decide you aren't going to portray yourself as the shy guy and do everything opposite of being shy. no matter how hard it is for you. do this all day. call up your mother in law and talk to her on the phone. initiate something with your wife that you wouldn't normally initiate because of your shyness. when in public, say hi to strangers.....men and women and acknowledge their existance.

if you can do that for one day, you might decide never to do that again.....but you might actually learn something about yourself and other people that you didn't know before because you took one day out of your life to fight and stand up to your fears. think about it. one day out of the rest of your life. it ain't gonna kill ya no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

good luck if you try to choose a day to be different. shame on you if you never give yourself that chance and that day because you will just die never knowing your true potential.

Hi I wanna tell you that I have always had this problem. Since I was a child my Shyness ever was with me. I never talked with a girl with "love intentions"...Do you understand what I´m saying? In the school my classmates bother me when they said that I was in love with some girl. That were embarassing moments for me, because I always was in loved with those girls who they bother me but I had not the courage to confess it.
I wanna say that my mom is very jealous with me, She doesn´t like that I meet girls that doesn´t like her.

My shyness dicreased a little with I meet to my wife, but a little... Because I feel shy with my sisters in law and...my mother in law. My tongue is almost locked when I talk with them....

My shyness took me to take the decition of take a break with my marriage, but this half breakup with my wife only brougth more suffer...I´m totally dependent of my wife...

In my work my female partners always said me "You are very shy, Why?" I´m tired of listen this phrase, but simply I can´t change.

I´m resigned to be like this. I think I born with my shyness as part of my personality... I can´t do nothing...

Very Good Advice, I was thinking the same thing. Decide to do this one day and you'll definitely notice your true potential. Actually you might notice that other people are just like you too, there's a lot of people who have to force themselves in order to communicate to others, especially girls, I think knowing that you are not the only one might help and might make it easier to make your decision to go thru with it. I hope you decided to to this one day and please let us know how it goes.K

all your type of shyness is, is a fear of something. most commonly, rejection or a fear of what others may think of you. although you will probably be shy the rest of your life if you feel you were born this way, you need to sometimes get over your fears by facing them and confronting them. it will be hard, but good practice for those times when your shyness will get in the way of what you want. you may be tired of people noticing how shy you are and stating how shy you are and asking why you are so shy, but as far as the opposite sex goes, some women find it appealing rather than dealing with the opposite of shyness.
to say you can't change is the most ridiculous and untrue statement i have heard in a long time. you can change....but since you are believing in something different, it just means you WONT change. that's your choice. you would rather be shy all your life rather than face your fears.

you ever heard the expression, what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger? this is true in your case right now. do something for yourself. one day, decide you aren't going to portray yourself as the shy guy and do everything opposite of being shy. no matter how hard it is for you. do this all day. call up your mother in law and talk to her on the phone. initiate something with your wife that you wouldn't normally initiate because of your shyness. when in public, say hi to strangers.....men and women and acknowledge their existance.

if you can do that for one day, you might decide never to do that again.....but you might actually learn something about yourself and other people that you didn't know before because you took one day out of your life to fight and stand up to your fears. think about it. one day out of the rest of your life. it ain't gonna kill ya no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

good luck if you try to choose a day to be different. shame on you if you never give yourself that chance and that day because you will just die never knowing your true potential.

well said.

you know i used to have the same problem although mine was a bit less. Im not a shy guy but often times i held back a lot of things and just kep em inside. at high school i used to skip days when i knew i had presentations to the class and the sort.

so how did i cure it? its simple do this:

you should have a carefree attitude and just let yourself go. tell yourself before you approach a girl that even if you mess up it doesn't matter because you might not see the girl again, she'd crazy to say no anyway, and just motivate yourself to go...its that simple, the minute i started talking to "strangers", girls that didn't stay in my area, my skills got better!

you just have to practise and you'll find with time, you'll get comfortable with anyone. dont think negative, ever. give yourself that chance and if you have an ipod (of course you do) then search for Brian Tracy...he's a motivational speaker and hes got some tapes on confidence...it will help you immensely...got luck mate.