xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Maradona Or Pele? Who is the best ever soccer player?

I have played a lot of sports games since International Super Star Soccer, Fifa 98-09, ProEvolution Soccer, Winning Eleven...

And in this games ignore the following question, maybe a Xisto member can answer me.

I have this question that I can?t answer, yet.

The best ever player soccer is not an official prize.

But in the heart of the fans are two soccer players:

1. Maradona: The magic Argentinian Diego Armando Maradona is without doubt the most famous soccer player in the history...Author of the "Hand of God" in the Mexico ?86 World Cup against England...

Posted Image

2. Pele: The Brazilian Edson Arantes do Nascimento, "The King" of World Cup Mexico ?70. In Brazil the people consider that Pele is the best soccer player...

http://www.lycos.es/

For me, Maradona is the best...But, What do you think?

Maybe PlayStation must be create a full game with Maradona and Pele...

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

Can't really compare as I have not had the chance to watch Pele plying his trade in his prime days. From what I have read, he was a player of supreme skills and technical. And the banana kick was invented by him. And Maradona, his most famous piece of action is the 2 goals he scored against England in the 1986 World Cup. One, the infamous Hand of God and then other, the way he single-handed dribble past 6 English player, I did watch this action live. If I have to choose, then Maradona. One for having watched his magic and second, I favour Argentina than Brazil.

Pel? is the best

I like Maradona & he's goals against England

when he dribbles the whole field(or almost)

but pel? is my fav

-reply by Bernaud

Some people insist that George Best was the greatest player toever play. Others insist it's Marco van Basten, who I saw play myself.The thing about Pele and the Brazilian players is that they were apparentlycompletely unique in their technique. They were apparently the first ever players to use over the head kicks andkick from the side of the foot and such. Because of this perhaps Peleshould be considered the greatest.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

Maradona or Pele? Who was the best ever soccer playerMaradona Or Pele?

Well Pele is the only player to make an impact in three decades. At 17 years old he was such a skillful player that he made the Brazilian squad. There is no comparison between Maradona and Pele.   Let's be clear about that.   Maradona was good in one World Cup. Pele was good in all four in which he played. Bicycle kicks, scissor kicks were all done by him. He could score with his head, left footed, right footed and he was a great passer.   He was possibly the best athlete of his time. Warring factions in Nigeria stopped a civil war during Pele's time to allow a game to be played by Pele's team.     Maradona was a great player in his own right but he was basically one footed.    

-reply by ragga