xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Is Microsoft Using Spyware? I am suspecting...

Hello, I have a lot of doubts about Microsoft...One of them is if Microsoft use spyware in the Windows platform...I said this because when I connect my computer to the internet, a lot of hidden processes start to work...What is the function of these processes? I want to really know... Because these processes can be used to take personal information saved in the computer...This is strange...Somebody knows the function or functions of these processes?

I believe MS do have some spyware installed, most probably they are "harmless" and deployed to authenticate the version of your OS. To put yourself at ease, why don't you try scanning with softwares like Spybot - Search and Destroy or SpyHunter. They should give you a better idea.

im not pretty sure if you can classify it as spyware, i know a lots of windows services that sends them information back, but i think they have your consent. read their TOS..regarding your hidden proccesses it's pretty normal depending on the process if you are having a doubt what that process is search the web or do scans with different antivirus products just to be sure..kaspersky offers free online scanning tool which is great!

I'm sure Microsoft knows a lot about you.As far as the terms of service go,you'd probably have to be a lawyer to fully understand all of it.After all,Microsoft would of had lawyers write it up.If Microsoft isn't spy ware,then it is at least spy ware light.Not much difference at all really.You must read between the lines.

Hi!Microsoft Windows does 'call home'. When an application crashes, it gives you the option to send an error report to Microsoft. There's the Microsoft Windows Activation that prevents you from downloading or installing specific software unless you have a genuinely licensed copy of Windows (Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage program).However, I wouldn't call any of these spyware because it displays a button for you to click on before sending the information across. Since you have a button to click on, Microsoft has your consent to view your data.Regards

I am not sure Microsoft uses Spyware but..

I have problem with updating my XP service Pack 2.

As Microsoft recommendation for security and fixing problems of OS I turned on Automatic Update and It updates regularly when update is available from Microsoft.

Now lets about what happen to my XP. After update when I insert to new pen drive on computer it always opens found new hardware wizard then I have to choose automatically install and it installs drivers for pen drive and Now pen drive works fine. But I found that it is due to Windows update.

I try to find solution for it by searching on Google but unable to find solution. Finally I reached to system restore. When I am going to system restore I saw there is restore point calling Uninstalled Digitally unsigned Drivers on some date. Then I restore my Pc with previous date than that. After that My Computer well recognized pen drive without installing usb drivers.

I am so confused Windows update do that ??

I was researching and the menace of Microsoft is using spyware is big...In the spanish forums some internet experts says that when a computer that uses Windows is connected to the computer, the microsoft networt is monitoring its actions.... THIS IS SPYWARE!!!!!!tHE SVCHOST.EXE file is the "spyware software", but it isn?t proof....Microsoft is so strange...They almost have the control over all the internet.....They say that Macintosh is the same story and Linux is the most secure OS....But I don?t like Linux....Before I prefer the Microsoft and its spyware