xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gisellebebegirl

Swine Flu.. Flew?

The most current issue right now is the dilemma that revolves around the Swine Flu, which sure its effects can be deadly but other countries are exaggerating rewarding the precautions that must be taken. Some countries such as Asia are currently as paranoid as to force all Mexicans on trips to leave the country, without some sort of previous test to check for the swine flu. It was also said that many countries were considering killing all pigs, just to make sure the virus doesn?t originate in their land, which is just cruel to the animals. In order to fix this issue I would gather all of the scientists/drug finders etc into some sort of meeting in order to assign a unitary objective which would be to find a cure, then host another one regarding the discrimination that is going on in foreign countries towards Mexicans, requiring a probable cause to force them to leave the country.Also since this Swine flu has been taken outa proportion, I would demand accurate data rewarding the number of affected people/people who died, and survived, in order to make everyone stop panicking due to the media.

My Japanese class is going on a trip to Japan soon, and my teacher mentioned that Japanese people are afraid of being "contaminated" by foreigners ("Don't be offended if people move away from you"). Also Japan goes through four checks before you are allowed into the country. Apparently they haven't heard that swine flu is nothing to worry about, just like the normal flu. :lol:

Hi!I totally agree with you on animal cruelty. When a person with an illness goes to a hospital, he/she isn't killed to prevent the spread of the infection and an epidemic. Why then must animals be treated in such a way? That's like a total disregard for nature and other species.Regards

strongly agree k_nitty animals r killed n we r spared ys tht then they feel pain jus like us they got emtoins jus like us u no y they do this cuz human race is evil n onli considers themselfs before anythin eles

People said that only when pigs flew would America get a black President. Then Swine Flu. ^^ It is highly exagerated. Giving it a name other than the flu was a bad idea :/ It makes it special, when it isn't. Just another strain of the Flu. Which, is no more deadlier than the regular kind if the person is not treated or is in bad health beforehand. So bleh. I'm not worried. Japan has enough to worry about though ^^' poor guys. So health cautios. Though, they kind of do breathe each others spit >> Not literally...

It's actually funny how this H1N1 Influenza Strain has died down in the media so fast. Nevertheless, you shouldn't have to worry about anything. It's just like the regular flu but misunderstood and not researched enough. The only thing you have to really worry about if you have pre-existing conditions that could be agitated by the intruding strain. Numbers haven't climbed up to quite an alarming rate but it has a low chance of that happening. Since they've discovered this influenza strain in its early stages, they'll be able to use the data they've collected to start producing some nice vaccines for everyone. The only catch is that viral strains often mutate :)

a dont know in england they gettin really scared abut it they say its going to get worse over here in augost when other flus r vibrant they say if it mutates with any other flus it cud wipe out 75% of human race around the planet but i think its jus load of bollo** its jus like the bird flu onli diffrence is bird flu was in the aair n this is on the ground

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but since I was living in english (around that area) during the mad cow disease I am not allowed to give any blood in America. :)But It was still over reaction, it was probably something the government might accidentally let out and tried to cover it up.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

I think people are overreacting about this. It is a new virus, that's true. But it's not as mortal as other viruses - even Seasonal Flu is more dangerous. Let's put it this way: In my country seasonal flu kills 3,000- 4,000 humanbeings every winter. This year influenza a h1n1 has killed 26 persons, and we're in the middle of winter. Nobody talks about the seasonal flu victims because those news don't sell - unlike swine flu news.Now, I'm sure this virus is something to be careful of - specially if have a Chronic disease (My mother is hypertensive so she has to be specially careful, but not only with swine flu, but seasonal influenza too)I think we have to be alert but relaxed. Swine flu is killing about the 0,2% - 0,5% of the Infected persons. the other 99,5% is doing fine (including myself) (lol) If we go to the doc at the right time, we'll be safe. Just let's pray that the second wave of this virus won't be more letal... =) But anyways... Thank god there will be a vaccine available by then. So don't panic... It's not apocalypse yet

When Swine Flu kills a couple thousand in a day or less. Then we should panic ^^ Running to the hills. Doing whatever we do when Death comes knocking. Otherwise, business as usual for me. Though, I can't help feel that working in a public shop, or store for some of you, means i'm at the center of all illnesses that pass my way. >>' Meh ^^;'

Flu. Not flew. :)Now that's out of the way, I agree with those of you who know it's just another strain of the flu. I love how everyone panicked and thought the worst of it, gripping their seats at the first few deaths from the "deadly" H1N1. ZOMG, the world is going to end!I'm in firm belief that I am a survivor of this disease, and boy, it was a close call! I thought it was funny when my Captain-Morgan-looking doc told me these exact words:"One must be careful of what one says nowadays, but judging from your flu-like symptoms occurring outside of flu season, I want to say that you have the swine flu."It didn't help that I was having a case of seasonal bronchitis at the time, which made it look much worse than it actually was. After a week of intense coughing, sore throat, chills, fever, hot flashes, and just feeling generally crappy, I was left with coughing fits from my bronchitis (which no doc seemed to diagnose until I got a THIRD opinion).The second doc I had even told me that medical professionals weren't making a huge deal of H1N1 anymore. This was in the beginning of July.Now all I need to do is design a t-shirt to wear that says something along the lines of: "I survived the swine flu and all I got was this crappy t-shirt."

The flu is still very "alive". The fact that it is getting lesser news coverage is due to the fact that it have become so wide spread that containing it is impossible. If the fatality rate of it is as high as SARS, you be sure that the human kind is facing a monster as huge as the Spanish Flu. Having said that, there are incidents of the virus becoming resilient to Tamiflu and this is definitely not a good news. It could mean that the virus have mutated. So the advice is, better be safe than sorry.

Hi...Friends

Now a days almost swine flu fly away...So, it is easy to say that we had overcome with such a big monster Swine flu .

But here, it left a great warning to all of us that there are many more chances to get monsters like swine flu.I mean there are chances to get another flu or whatever, though we are technically solid to fight against them, but at least we lost more or less.

So in my opinion, it is better to get good immunity rather than medication. Not only that, people should be brave enough to face them. And also government should be pro active by developing it's testing centers through out. 

-reply by Gayatri