xisto Community
aloKNsh

Can We Slow Down The Time? Watch a vid. on youtube and a query occured

I was watching videos in youtube.com and then saw this video
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
if we believe this then we can stop the time or slow down at a very high speed or maybe at speed of time ,
i think the man's speed falling from 12 stories height must be less than that of sound and now we are having planes which have speed more than sound then for the pilots of the planes time are slowing down as they are traveling in such a high speed .
if i am not wrong then they are somewhat traveling in a slow time life or if we use some kind of drugs having high power then also our time will slow down but only for us .
m i right or i am having a wrong concept

Edited by aloKNsh (see edit history)

I was watching videos in youtube.com and then saw this video http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
if we believe this then we can stop the time or slow down at a very high speed or maybe at speed of time ,
i think the man's speed falling from 12 stories height must be less than that of sound and now we are having planes which have speed more than sound then for the pilots of the planes time are slowing down as they are traveling in such a high speed .
if i am not wrong then they are somewhat traveling in a slow time life or if we use some kind of drugs having high power then also our time will slow down but only for us .
m i right or i am having a wrong concept

Well, when we say traveling faster makes time slow down, it means it slows down from your perspective. This means, for example, if it takes you 200 years to get to one star at the speed of light, it will seem to you like it was an instant, because time did not pass for you. This means that someone can survive for millions or billions of years, but since, he doesn't this survival and he is very difficult to see (in fact, invisible), it would make no difference to anybody. However, this could theoretically be used as a one-way time machine into the future.

Time does appear to relatively slow down if you are moving quickly enough. Does it slow down your aging? Perhaps. Does it take you back in time? Probably not, since when your speed goes closer to infinity, time would have stopped for you but it doesn't go backwards. If the guy collecting tickets on a high-speed train or the pilot from the concorde looks younger than his actual age, you know that the theory has been in effect.Drugs definitely do you no good. It simply makes you feel just as you would if you had too much to drink. It blurs your perception but gets you no where.

Time does appear to relatively slow down if you are moving quickly enough. Does it slow down your aging? Perhaps. Does it take you back in time? Probably not, since when your speed goes closer to infinity, time would have stopped for you but it doesn't go backwards. If the guy collecting tickets on a high-speed train or the pilot from the concorde looks younger than his actual age, you know that the theory has been in effect.

Drugs definitely do you no good. It simply makes you feel just as you would if you had too much to drink. It blurs your perception but gets you no where.

You can NEVER go above the speed of light. You can never even reach the speed of light, as a matter of fact, because it would take infinite energy to do so. So there is no way you could travel back in time.

No, it wouldn't slow aging. It slows down time for you, meaning that you still age just as fast, but since less time is passing for you, the aging doesn't happen as quickly from the rest of the world's perspective (because more time is passing for them). It's been proven that traveling faster makes time slow down.

This isn't what the video is demonstrating at all. It has nothing to do with relativity or the speed of light. When the guy gets released from the top of the drop he feels like he is going to die, fight or flight kicks in and adrenaline is released into his body. This in turn kicks his body into high gear allowing him to perceive the world and react much faster than before, which in an actual near death experience can be the difference between life and death. If he were to continuously fall at this rate then his perception of time would return to normal pretty quickly as the adrenaline would wear off. Pilots flying jets might get kicks of adrenaline every now and then but not continuously while flying.As for age, well if anything the person would age faster in this drop situation for two reasons.For him time slows down while slows down while stays the same for us, so for him the drop might feel like 5 seconds while looks like 4 seconds to us, therefore he has has a higher percentage of his life in that 4 seconds than we did.Secondly the adrenaline entering his body makes it work faster and harder than normal. This would be detrimental to his body otherwise it would run like this all the time. The reason the body saves it for "emergencies" is because the outcome of not using it would be worse than using it.I hope this helps.

Like Albert Einstein had said, time is relative. And giving an example, 1) Imagine yourself, in the arms of your loved ones and getting cosy with one another. 2) Sitting around doing nothing and bored to death.Pray tell, in which scenario does an hour pass faster and which slower.

Albert Einsteins view of time and this view of time are completely different. One is atomic time and the other is time perception. When he said that time is relative he meant that it is relative to a reference point in space just like motion is relative. And interestingly I think that the time slowing down for boredom is different again to the one mentioned at the top of this forum, otherwise being bored has a similar effect to dropping from a 12 story building, in that it slows time down.

Time slows down because humans are able to process more information in the same amount of time. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, or if they are even known, but let us assume that the brain under controlled conditions processes 30 frames per second of visual information. Under the influence of adrenaline, systems come into play that increase the number of frames per second -- let us assume 60 for this example. If the brain is to go through 60 fps in the same amount of time it would with 30 fps, an illusion would be created where it would seem like time slowed down. Google around for a better explanation.

You can NEVER go above the speed of light

It depends on perspective. You wouldn't seem to, but if you were in a region of space which was moving [edit] the combined velocity would make it seem to an outside observer that you are moving faster than light. Although, if I remember correctly, the video said something about you disappearing from sight to the outside observer. I can't remember the title of it. Thus, I leave it to those of you who majored in physics to answer this fully. Edited by dre (see edit history)

I saw that video, and it is very demonstrative. These are studies that show that how relative the human being can be, and this video links to the relativity theory of Albert Ainstain. I saw the other video on youtube about the time dilation invented or discovered by same Albert.

I think that time slowing down this way is just a matter on how we see things, or how our brain is perceptible about phenomenons that occur in the environment around or about the chemicals that are released. But this has nothing to do with time slowing down, it is just how our brain reacts due to different circumstances.

I mean if someone could make a possible break down and slow down the time then we could live in different moments or different ages. Imagine if I slow down the time and you live in the same place as I do, this means that you will see the sunset before me, and this means that these two people live different realities. And this can't happen in just normal reality.

As far as I know time, time can be relative when moving with the speed of the light and to prove this you can check this amazing video.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

All about the video explains is that, with high speed of light the time slows down, and this happens because the time has to travel at higher distances. This means that one hour fly with the speed of sound can be hundred of years to the point of start( or earth) and this means that when coming back to the same place, we could return to the future(a hundred years after) .Amazing right?? Albert really was a genius.

When you open your eyes wider, does the world grow larger or does your perception of what has always been available, increase? The answer is the latter, nothing really changes other than how you read the given material at hand. In this case, time is existent and parallel to our presence in the universe. What that entails is that time is a thread of continuity that goes on without ever being affected by our actions. (Various theories about the cycling of this thread and so on have been formed, but let's not get into that.) Now what happens here is that when the man is dropped, his sense overwork themselves, as was previously stated under the classification of adrenaline. This man is not altering anything in terms of the flow of time, and his power over the lapsing of events is minimal, but what he sees, analyzes, and understands, become wider.

Again, the widening of the eyes. The human body is designed to live in a world of danger, geared to relinquish many other functions when in need of one. In this case, when falling, the body finds the most use in perception, some way to escape the unfavorable situation. When this effect kicks in, the mind absorbs more. Relating back to the video, I think the dropped man wasn't experiencing a slower flow of time, but a higher rate of comprehension, and due to the lack of a set reference point, some may faultily jump to conclusions.

That's my two cents about the situation, not really sure if the analogical reference to the eye opening made much sense, but it did when I was typing.

~Kami

Time is relative because we make it so.

Like kleong pointed out, time will seem to go much faster when you enjoy yourself than when you're bored. Even 'atomic time' is related to our perception of it, to our need to measure time as accurately as possible without taking into account any other factors that might slow it down or speed it up (relatively speaking).

But ultimately time is only an invention of our mind, to fix our consciousness in the here and now... Read Time Storms, by Jenny Randles. I think she makes a pretty good case of it, amongst other things.

I think that time is just a perception of the human brain. Time goes fast when we want it to, it goes slow when we want it too. It goes fast when we're happy. It goes slow when we're NOT happy.While you can change your own perception of time, you can't change other people's perception of time. Time is a very weird thing, and it has been around ever since the universe began. Space-time is warped, and they both go hand in hand with each other (space and time)... but we are only interested in time for some reason, and not space.Why time?Time is nothing special... It is still part of the universe like space is. Why do everyone like to ask questions about time and not space?If you think about it, your perception of time is similar to your perception of space.After all, only YOU perceives what your mind receives.

Shouldn't it be faster? When your adrenaline is high, I am assuming that you are getting excited, or that you are happy... this can be seen (or felt) when you are riding roller coasters, or having a fun time.So this means that time should be going FASTER.Unless you mean when you are frightened or nervous, of course. Adrenaline comes when you are frightened or nervous too, and this is when time slows down. This can seen or felt or be in threatening situations and scenarios, like when you are kidnapped, or when you have to speak on the stage, or when you are humiliated or embarrassed.Am I right about this?