xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Quick Foramttin Is Good Or Bad For The Hard Disk Drive?

Hi Friends,please mention whether I need to deep format my hard disk drive for the performance?
or quick format is good or not?

Hi!

A regular format is better in that there's a complete check for bad sectors on the storage medium. A quick format, on the other hand, skips this check and simply makes the storage medium available for use. If you were concerned about performance for formatting your hard disk once or twice a week, I'd say a quick format takes much less time. A regular format is a better choice if you're formatting every quarter. Recognizing bad sectors still does not guarantee that you will not lose any data - you could still have a hard drive crash or a media failure so you ought to make frequent backups of your data just in case. These days a 1TB external disk is quite reasonably priced and can store pretty much all the files you have on your computer.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

Go with full format. I think it's better. Because like when you delete a file from the recycle bin, that is what happens when you quick format. The files on your hard drive are there but the hard drive just give the permission for the files to be overwritten. But a full format erases all the files. So a full format is always better.

you should try full formatting once every 5 times formatting your hard disk with quick formatt but listen formatting is not a good option for your hard disk so avoid as much as you can but then also you can format your comp's hd with quick format option.all the best

it depends your need.Quick Foramttin Is Good Or Bad For The Hard Disk Drive?It all depends on your need to  Format hard diskIf you have some bad sectors then you need to Full format the Disk otherwise a quick format will do the needful. Quick format just mark the hard disk memory as unused and don't actually format the disk but on the other side a full format is done the actual formatting and flush all the data inside the disk. -reply by pick the trick