xisto Community
Janissary

How To Change Tree Style Thread View i want to see all answers in one page

Hello,

I was away from website for some time and decided to get back. But found out that the thread system is changed. When i click a topic, the page olny shows the 1st post and only titles of answers. To read people's post, i need to separetly clikc all posts.

How can i change back to old style, you know, tradinitional style where all posts are listed fully in order of time.

I went to my contol panem and changed Number of posts to show for each topic page to 10, but nothing happened.

Help! I like Xisto forums but i cant join any disscusion like this!!!

Hi!

That's probably not true. When you click on a thread, you are taken to the last page containing the replies, unless you've clicked on a page number. The topics you see below are similar threads and not replies to the current thread.

I know it's difficult to comprehend - my first day on the forums was topsy turvy too. I set my messages-to-display to 40 in the settings and that makes it easier to see more messages on a page; I can't imagine why it didn't work for you. Possibly, the gremlins are attacking again.

Regards,

Nitin Reddy

Hello,

I was away from website for some time and decided to get back. But found out that the thread system is changed. When i click a topic, the page olny shows the 1st post and only titles of answers. To read people's post, i need to separetly clikc all posts.

How can i change back to old style, you know, tradinitional style where all posts are listed fully in order of time.

I went to my contol panem and changed Number of posts to show for each topic page to 10, but nothing happened.

Help! I like Xisto forums but i cant join any disscusion like this!!!

Len said to me:

You have accidentally selected the outline/linear+ mode. To correct this go to any topic and just below Addreply / Newtopic you will find options. There you need to select standard display mode. I too had this problem and was left wondering.

Hi,Yes you have the outline mode of viewing topics, what Nitin was telling you was that he has the standard mode on where you are taken to the most recent post made. Now I have the linear mode on where I see the original poster's article and all the posts are listed from old to new but even when I turn the page to the next one I see the author's post first and then the posts from page 2 or whatever...To change the view, simply click on the options button to the right below the topic title & select how ever you wish to view the topics from henceforth.