xisto Community
Curtis

Shielded Internet For Your Teenager .

My teenaged son has his won email account. I would like to have access to his account so that I am aware of all his communication he has with his friends and also the rest of his internet activities. I am on the lookout for one such email service provider who will give me this facility.

Well, I am currently not aware of any e-mail service provider that provides an additional point of access to an e-mail address for parental control purposes. Now, I think I read on the AOL/AIM service website that for paid subscription members that there are management/parental control options for e-mail accounts of children. Not sure on the specifics of it all because I do not have children so it is not an option that I would use, but you may want to research that with them.

Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may have that feature on the email address they're providing for free, most does like Time Warner Cable and Comcast. As for a way to check on his Internet activities, there are several software available (for around USD 50) that you can install in his computer to limit or create logs of websites he accessed. On the other hand, Vista and Win 7 already has this same feature.