xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

Do You Know About Sinusitis? Need your Experience

The term sinusitis refers to an inflammation of the mucous membranes located within and lining the nasal sinus cavities. The sinuses themselves are essentially open areas of space within the head, the full function and purpose of which are not entirely understood by modern medical scientists, though it is known that the sinuses are important in the exchange of air, particularly, as it relates to warming of inhaled air. This inflammation, commonly, is caused by bacterial infection though it can be caused by other things as well (e.g., the common cold, allergy, chemical sensitivity, etc.)

I too suffer from Sinusitis and It is a major pain in the #@$ for me because in the evening when I sit down to study, I get them. I have tried a lot of doctors but there does not seem to be any real cure for this.

Some common symptoms of sinusitis include:

-Headache oftentimes severe
-The feeling of pressure over facial areas situated at or over the sinuses
-Facial pain at areas situated over or near the sinuses
-Congested nasal passages
-Runny nose with thick, discolored discharge
-Post-nasal drip
-Tension in neck or upper back
-Congested ears
-Earache
-The feeling of being "drained"
-Increased irritability
-Restlessness

In most cases, acute sinusitis develops from a cold or flu-like illness. In some cases, bacteria 'add-on' to an infection that started with a virus. This can make the infection worse and last longer.

As for a remedy what I do is inhale steam for about a week. Then the mucus loosens up and comes out through my nose. :lol:

Applying VIX Vapo Rub and stuff just doesn't seem to work long term.

What I wanted to know was whether any one here at Xisto has this and if anyone do what are the remedies you guys have taken against this????

Irrigating or spraying the nose with salt water-such as with saline nasal sprays that are purchased in the pharmacy without prescription-is useful for cleaning mucous out of the nasal passages and relieving nasal congestion. The whole process is simple, comfortable and quick. With proper use of an inexpensive device called a Neti Pot, it is possible to irrigate the sinus cavities. When a strong salt-water solution is used, the sinuses are stimulated to expel mucous that is trapped and stagnating. This results in a "runny nose" that may last for 10 or 15 minutes, after which the sinuses are relatively empty with less material to drain out and cause postnasal drip. In addition, germs tend to breed in this mucous, so the less mucous there is, the less likely it is that you will get a sinus infection. After you do it once or twice, it should require no more than a few minutes to complete an irrigation from start to finish.

One or 2 minutes a day spent performing nasal irrigation is often more effective than weeks and weeks of antibiotics, decongestants, and cortisone nasal sprays, and has none of the side effects of these medications. Even if you do require medications or surgery, the improved cleanliness of the sinuses makes it more likely that these treatments will be effective.

But this method of cure is frightening. :XD: take a look at it here. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What do you guys do to clear your sinuses?????

Edited by buherath (see edit history)

Well, my sinus problems aren't as severe as yours seem to be. But whenever i have a sinus problem, a nice big sniff of begay seems to clear them up, or even putting a SMALL dab of it under my nose to get a constant smell of it coming in.I also like to run into a gas chamber full of 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile, or CS gas, aka tear gas. and it clears my sinuses right up! :lol: any exposed skin hurts for a little bit, but ya know, my sinuses are clear for a few days and it's always funny to watch other people going into the chamber too. lol (Military basic training, recruits are required to enter a chamber of tear gas to demonstrate that our chemical masks work the way they are supposed to work)

Sinusitis is often caused by bacteria, infection or inflammation originated from teeth. The apex of roots from premolars and molars are positioned right above the caity of nasal sinuses, which problems found on those teeth can lead to sinusitis.

Sinusitis is often caused by bacteria, infection or inflammation originated from teeth. The apex of roots from premolars and molars are positioned right above the caity of nasal sinuses, which problems found on those teeth can lead to sinusitis.

This guy sounds right professional,like a doctor.

I also find sleeping with a lumpy pillow will give you symptoms very
much akin to a sinus effect as well.lol.
Seriously, wouldn't Vick's vapo rub help for sinus problems?

I love your topic especially the accurate & brief detailing. My mother & best friend have sinusitis, my mom due to the dander from my dogs (not an allergy just irritability) and my best friend due to the weather. After we shifted to my current home, i had sinusitis for a few months but it all went away after I started nasal irrigation. Vick's vapor rub and steam therapy helps but it is temporary... Well it was in my case, it was nasal irrigation that got my sinusitis off my back :lol:

Well after a checkup months ago.. i was told i need xray for my sinuses, the doctor said it seems very bad.. but can still be dealt with anti inflamation medications.. but never had time to return. lolFor relief tons of water seems to take it out and i mean lots and lots of water.

hmm.. nope I never came across something as this severe. None of my family or friends have it, and I've never heard of such a case. I just hope that whoever has this would feel better, it doesn't sound fun to have, and I wouldn't like to have it.In fact, my sinuses are not that bad. I rarely have problems.I would have a lot of water, just like the post above states.