xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forte

My Website

Hi. I've been here for quite a while, and I've only just now decided to ask for people to review my website... at least, I think I haven't asked for it yet.

If you would like to visit, which I guess you'll need to do in order to tell me how I'm doing, the link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Now for a little history and info on my site. I started it back in January of 2006 and recently celebrated (if you can call it that) its third anniversary. It started out under the selfish premise of simply hosting my comics, with little substance other than that, but as time went on, I knew that I had to offer more in order to truly say that I had a website, and not just a silly little place on the internet where I keep my comics. I took it upon myself to learn HTML, which I did in about three days, and switched over my freewebs account from web builder mode to HTML mode, soon after doing this however, I left freewebs for better hosting.

Time did its thing, and kept marching on, seeing my interests grow from just making cheesy comics to making sprites, and most recently, even wallpapers and cursors. As I became more and more attuned to making sprites, I joined in many a spriting community, mostly within the much larger MegaMan Community. During my time with these other spriters and other MegaMan fans, I noticed that of everything, the community lacked true community, the focus remained on the series itself, not the fans and their works. Spriting sites have always been much more about official sprites than the fanmade ones, and overall, the community seemed to turn a cold shoulder to the creative voices within it. This is, of course, not to say that every time you tried to be creative you were shot down, but there just wasn't a site built around fan involvement. It was then that I decided what my site should be - that place that instead of caring at all about the official works, we look at what the fans are able to do.

Of course, it's kind of hard to be that one small voice amongst the towering giants that have already established themselves as the figureheads of the community, and as such, all of the things that rely on user interaction have seen little use. Most of the things that I had dreamed of, having large galleries full of custom made sprites, comics, backgrounds and wallpapers, are instead bare, as I can only do so much. While the site ranks fairly high amongst others, it has the potential to be better, from my point of view.

Now, it's your turn. Tell me what you think of what I have here. Where could I do better? Should I change things up in one section? All of the sections? Please, any comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Hi. I've been here for quite a while, and I've only just now decided to ask for people to review my website... at least, I think I haven't asked for it yet.
If you would like to visit, which I guess you'll need to do in order to tell me how I'm doing, the link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Now for a little history and info on my site. I started it back in January of 2006 and recently celebrated (if you can call it that) its third anniversary. It started out under the selfish premise of simply hosting my comics, with little substance other than that, but as time went on, I knew that I had to offer more in order to truly say that I had a website, and not just a silly little place on the internet where I keep my comics. I took it upon myself to learn HTML, which I did in about three days, and switched over my freewebs account from web builder mode to HTML mode, soon after doing this however, I left freewebs for better hosting.

Time did its thing, and kept marching on, seeing my interests grow from just making cheesy comics to making sprites, and most recently, even wallpapers and cursors. As I became more and more attuned to making sprites, I joined in many a spriting community, mostly within the much larger MegaMan Community. During my time with these other spriters and other MegaMan fans, I noticed that of everything, the community lacked true community, the focus remained on the series itself, not the fans and their works. Spriting sites have always been much more about official sprites than the fanmade ones, and overall, the community seemed to turn a cold shoulder to the creative voices within it. This is, of course, not to say that every time you tried to be creative you were shot down, but there just wasn't a site built around fan involvement. It was then that I decided what my site should be - that place that instead of caring at all about the official works, we look at what the fans are able to do.

Of course, it's kind of hard to be that one small voice amongst the towering giants that have already established themselves as the figureheads of the community, and as such, all of the things that rely on user interaction have seen little use. Most of the things that I had dreamed of, having large galleries full of custom made sprites, comics, backgrounds and wallpapers, are instead bare, as I can only do so much. While the site ranks fairly high amongst others, it has the potential to be better, from my point of view.

Now, it's your turn. Tell me what you think of what I have here. Where could I do better? Should I change things up in one section? All of the sections? Please, any comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Dear friend of mine I have gone through your site and am very eager to say that it is a cool looking site, with catchy looks and colors too. But dear friend here I would like to comment upon some facts which is to be taken a good care of so its according to me as under-

1. Please give a bit care on the technology used as its really slow what I think.  
2. The next concept on which you have to concentrate is your menu. Actually if it is going to be a bit highlighting then it would be more catchier. 
3. One more thing if you could be able to change then please try on the change of the color combination. As I think the main body of the site should be having some lighter color to give more professional appeal. 

That’s it dear. Best of luck for your future. 

Nice site indeed. One of the main points I like about your site is its unique style, especially with the character illustration with the logo. It would be a good idea, however, to change the logo font since it appears too narrow and as a result becomes hard to read.Next, I would like to point is with the loading speed of the site. Although the host server itself is quite slow in terms of connection speed, it will really help if you optimised your images to decrease their file size. For example, the logo banner is currently 219KB in size, whereas the size of an optimised version with the same visual quality as the original is only 68KB.Regarding the coding of the site itself, it would be advisable to move all the embedded styles in the HTML to your CSS file, further ensuring no unnecessary duplication of styles and reducing the overal file size.Apart from the minor optimisation points, the overal graphical design portrays the true comical nature of your site. Good work!