xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

Edit Wordpress Themes In Dreamweaver ThemeDreamer

When you want to find a new theme for your wordpress blog, its always a pain. I know it because I am a person who does not get easily satisfied. Even when you find a decent theme it takes hours to change it the way you like. You have to change the code on your computer, then upload the whole theme to the server and then click on your site. If its no right, you have to again change the code and do all those stuff all over again. How annoying!

But now you do not need to do all that. I found this software today and what it does is it makes wordpress themes load in dreamweaver. It bridges the gap between wordpress themes and dreamweaver!!!!

Here is the site.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Theme Dreamer is a dreamweaver extension that enables worpress theme development in Dreamweavers Design View editor in real time. In short you can edit and tweak your wordpress theme OFFLINE! You do not need to upload and check. Dreamweaver is a power website editing WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) Editor.

You do not have to mess around the theme's codes anymore. You can straightaway edit the theme using powerful tools in dreamweaver. This software will be very useful for wordpress bloggers as well as professional theme developers!!!!

Hi!

You can also use the WAMP server. It's a webserver suite consisting of Apache, MySQL, and PHP that runs locally on your computer. I haven't tried ThemeDreamer yet so I can't tell if it's the same (although it hints at being different with the statement "Setting up a local server for WordPress can be complex and bulky").

The screenshots also illustrate the auto-complete for WordPress function calls and arguments, which seems like a pretty neat feature.

-Nitin

When you want to find a new theme for your wordpress blog, its always a pain. I know it because I am a person who does not get easily satisfied. Even when you find a decent theme it takes hours to change it the way you like. You have to change the code on your computer, then upload the whole theme to the server and then click on your site. If its no right, you have to again change the code and do all those stuff all over again. How annoying!
But now you do not need to do all that. I found this software today and what it does is it makes wordpress themes load in dreamweaver. It bridges the gap between wordpress themes and dreamweaver!!!!

Here is the site.

Theme Dreamer is a dreamweaver extension that enables worpress theme development in Dreamweaver's Design View editor in real time. In short you can edit and tweak your wordpress theme OFFLINE! You do not need to upload and check. Dreamweaver is a power website editing WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) Editor.

You do not have to mess around the theme's codes anymore. You can straightaway edit the theme using powerful tools in dreamweaver. This software will be very useful for wordpress bloggers as well as professional theme developers!!!!

Here is the site.

Theme Dreamer is a dreamweaver extension that enables worpress theme development in Dreamweaver’s Design View editor in real time. In short you can edit and tweak your wordpress theme OFFLINE! You do not need to upload and check. Dreamweaver is a power website editing WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) Editor.

It sounds good that themedreamer help us to wordpress theme easily with dreamweaver. But it is costs huge $29.95. And I difficult to use if for beginners because of it has no any nice tutorial how to developed wordpress theme using themedreamer.

If you want to buy you can try Artisteer2 which is better that themedreamer. You not need dreamweaver, it can make general website themes, Wordpress themes, Joomla themes and Drupal themes easily.
I recommend to make own template with your own hand that you can create theme with your own knowledge in future.
Edited by puneye (see edit history)

It sounds good that themedreamer help us to wordpress theme easily with dreamweaver. But it is costs huge $29.95.

$30 is actually quite reasonable considering how much time you'd save...

...but you have a choice:

* ThemeDreamer: $30. Familiar Dreamweaver interface, auto-complete, enables WordPress view in design mode.

* XAMPP: FREE. Refresh browser to view changes. Use any editor of your choice. You can run it as your server.

* Artisteer: $50/$130. MS Office-like interface. Export to WordPress/Joomla!/Drupal/ASP.NET.

And I difficult to use if for beginners because of it has no any nice tutorial how to developed wordpress theme using themedreamer.

Adobe provides several tutorials for DreamWeaver. ThemeDreamer uses the same editor, but simply extends the editor to support WordPress themes in Design mode and provides code-completion in Code mode. Edited by k_nitin_r (see edit history)

I used artseer. The problem was that artseer did not allow me to edit a wordpress theme. You have to make 1 from scratch. What I wanted was a software capable of editing a wordpress theme. What I do is I go over the web and find a good theme. Then I edit it the way I want.But I never knew about the XAMPP thing. Now that is cool.

why you need such a plugin for making Wordpress themes really. If you are a Wordpress coder and know php well, coding themes at wordpress is not dificcult. Though if it was free I would give a try to it. We cannot afford buying it.

I use Dreamwaver. Download the theme from the ftp, and then edit the theme files (.php, .html) in dreamwaver. Modify the pictues in Photoshop. Upload the new theme to the ftp, active the theme. Done.Welcome for other's advice.The problem what I encountered is the widget. I don't know how to adjust it's order. Thanks for your advice. :lol:

Now this is something I wouldn't mind having then I could actually design a blog more effectively. However, the $30 price tag takes me back a bit since I am not much of a theme designer at this point in time. However, if I would to get a job that would require to set up a wordpress account and even have to design one or or create it from an existing design. Then I would get such a tool and use it to my hearts content or mass produce a bunch of themes, but even then I would want to create unique designs and what not.

Wordpress Theme Editor for Codelobster PHP EditionEdit Wordpress Themes In Dreamweaver

Preview

I suggest everyone to try Wordpress Theme Editor for Free PHP IDE - Codelobster PHP Edition

It has also very powerful auto complete and context help features.

-reply by Stas