xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fractured.Logic

My First Art Submission 4-stage, before after sketch to graphic edit

I didn't spend as much time on this piece as I normally would. Still, I thought it came out quite well despite the time restrictions I placed upon myself.

So, until I figure out what my situation is with ImageFilez, I've hosted this with ImageHost.org:

Posted Image

Constructive criticism is loved!

:lol:

--

At the request of Andre, here are some more quick-works by moi :XD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Great one :lol:! I really liked it. Firstly you've done the sketch and than colored on a computer ? I'm not an expert in this kind of art but it's pretty good :XD:!

Aye. Hand-sketched, although I didn't ink this one. I wanted a smoother, blended effect. And I overlaid the coloring as a reduced-opacity group of layers (I was limited to manipulating with a mouse and using Photoshop 7 for this work, which was the main motivation behind the time restrictions I mentioned before). When I have my full setup (CS2 + Wacom Intuos 3), then I give myself a lot more room to play and a lot more time to work on things.

Aye. Hand-sketched, although I didn't ink this one. I wanted a smoother, blended effect. And I overlaid the coloring as a reduced-opacity group of layers (I was limited to manipulating with a mouse and using Photoshop 7 for this work, which was the main motivation behind the time restrictions I mentioned before). When I have my full setup (CS2 + Wacom Intuos 3), then I give myself a lot more room to play and a lot more time to work on things.

Yep photoshop is clearly the most professional tool when it comes to designing :lol:. Awesome ones. Can't wait to see more!

Argh! GIMP is the superior editor of all! Argh!*hoists pirate hook high so that it glints wickedly in that perfectly-positioned sunbeam...*I love Adobe and have used it for years upon years... but GIMP has my heart. Anything to do with Linux has my heart, though (woe!) I should be so unlucky that I am bereft of its awesomeness for the immediate future.But thank you for the compliments :lol:

Wow, I definitely loved the third and fourth image because of the sheer depth in them. You can interpret them into millions of situations, thoughts & mood. Hoping to see more dear FL :lol:

Thanks so much, Tenshi! Sorry it took me a while to reply (I forgot you'd commented :lol:). The third and the fourth image are composites of 2 existing pieces I found online, so don't give me too much credit! Those were created with just layers and blended opacities and filter effects. I love seeing what I can do with others' art as much as I do mine, because it opens up whole other worlds of possibilities that I wouldn't have been able to fabricate entirely on my own.

I like your thinking girl!! Fantastic how you can get much more different moods when you mix art of two different moods. It is similar to giving birth, taking a bit from each gender and then producing this balanced being. Wonderful.. .Keep it up and I hope to see more :lol:

Apparently, the public access I use hates tinypic (completely and utterly denied)... and imagehost just gave my work the axe :lol: What a bummer!On a positive note, however, photobucket completely revamped their site, which I hadn't been aware of. I'm actually rather impressed... now to see if they've stepped up to the hosting plate, as well! I have created an account for my alias and will hopefully be able to fix the broken images very soon!