xisto Community
Fractured.Logic

Frustration :s with ImageFilez

It's been quite a while since I initially signed up with ImageFilez. However, I have never been able to activate my account with them. The link they sent me always returns a 404 error, and their login refuses to let me proceed.Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? I'm quite attached to my username, and I'm not particularly keen on scrapping it and trying to think of another... just to re-register and quite possibly have this happen to me again.*twitch... sigh*

I have tried sent off two contact forms already, actually, with no reply... and I waited a few days after each form was sent off before I allowed myself to feel annoyed. If there was a way I could delete the nebulous account and start over... but then I'm concerned that this whole mess would end up like "the song that never ends..."*twitch... sigh*Thank you for trying to be thoughtful, though :lol:

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Awwwww *Hugs* Are you sure your account has not been activated?? and did you try the forgot password link? Maybe that should give you an idea about what went wrong.. I hope you get your account activated :lol:

Positive, darling. :lol:

Posted Image

That's relevant crops from three screencaps - the activation link error, my original, activation email and the error message from ImageFilez themselves. And they still haven't replied to my second inquiry for assistance :\

Oh, and I have a total of three "password recovery" emails from them still sitting in my inbox. I was a bit click-happy with that option... no luck.

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

This is definitely not good :lol: any replies?? Did you try sending a pm to OpaQue ?The ImageFilez admin has not been online since 2008 so I am guessing that there is no point in sending him/her a pm...

*scrubs at the tip of her nose with a grim expression and a small sigh*

Hello,
We are currently facing problems with ImageFilez and hence we are unable to assist you with your existing issue.

I thank you for taking the effort of contacting us and I deeply regret that we could not be of any assistance to you.

Ouchie :lol: I too tried signing up with imagefilez and half the time I would get page load errors and the other half involved in me waiting for 15-20 minutes for the page to load. I guess it is time to say good bye to ImageFilez

Looks like I'll have make do with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ until I get past the brainstorming stage and am ready to start working on my website.

Ah well. Xisto/Trap is too awesome to let this be more than a minor discouragement.

Forward, ho!

If you want to hotlink images on your website, may I recommend using tinypic.com. Its a sister website of the more popular photobucket.com. It offers better management of your images and you can trust the services offered by them as they are reliable.I noticed that imagehost.org not only offer image hosting but any file type upto 100 MB size. The faq page says that there is a restriction on the image size (500 Kb). Its fine for website images, but I would still go for tinypic.

I hadn't realized that tinypic was a sister site to photobucket. Hmm, I will have to look into that further, for certain. Thank you very much for the recommendation, Len. I also didn't know about the hidden file size limit (and I'm very glad I hadn't attempted to upload something of a greater size). I appreciate your input!

What is the motivation behind getting dedicated image hosting to hotlink for your website? Why is it bad to just put the images in the space that Xisto gives?

For me it is much simpler to use free image hosting because i don't need to log in and i beleave in my image hoster that he will not delete my pictures.About Xisto it has very much hosted users,need registration,and may can fall down :P but still i will host my website here.If it is for my website,normally i wouldn't use that free image hosting and i will use trap instead but about HTML libraries i would use imageshack so my webpage will not be promoted and i will be sure my image is UP