xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aloKNsh

Way To Track An Ip! is there any way to track an ip address.

I want to track my friends ip and know the sites which he has visited.can i know that and if then howhank you very much

I want to track my friends ip and know the sites which he has visited.can i know that and if then how
hank you very much

To do this without your friends consent would probably be considered illegal, if not highly immoral. So i dont recommend doing this.

However, as a short educational introduction....

There are just a a few ways to do this. one is to packet sniff his entire network or internet connection. From there you can establish his IP address and if you can analyse the packet data you can find the server address (the destination address may or may not be the address of the website his is visiting depending how his ISP handles it and if a proxy is involved anywhere.

Another is to place an event logging peice of software on his computer that will log websites he visits.

But i must ask, why the hell do you want to do this?

I want to track my friends ip and know the sites which he has visited.can i know that and if then how
hank you very much

To track the IP address, you can type "ipconfig" at the command prompt. If you also want to have the DNS & DHCP addresses, type "ipconfig /all". On Win 9x, you can go to Start > Run > "winipcfg" to get the IP address.

The list of all the sites he has visited is available in the browser history. In most browsers, you can simply press the Ctrl-H shortcut to get to the browser history.

the whole point of the post was to TRACK the ip. the person probably already has the ip. also, i believe the person was talking about tracking from a different computer. if it was from the same computer, we wouldn't be talking about the ip's since yes....just check the browsing history

personally, i don't think it's unethical to track ips or anyones internet activity. stalking someone would be a different story though. rather than try to track the internet activity on a specific comptuer though, it's easier just putting a program on their comptuer either directly or remotely....then just track the activity remotely

To track the IP address, you can type "ipconfig" at the command prompt. If you also want to have the DNS & DHCP addresses, type "ipconfig /all". On Win 9x, you can go to Start > Run > "winipcfg" to get the IP address.
The list of all the sites he has visited is available in the browser history. In most browsers, you can simply press the Ctrl-H shortcut to get to the browser history.

Yes.I guess technically it would be possible to packet sniff his network, and if you knew his ip address, then pull his data out from there.I think that would be a hell of a lot of work though. Packet sniffing isnot an easy concept to understand or achieve.I tried it several years ago when I was trying to get free wireless internet.What a headache. You'd really have to be some kind of geek to succeed.I'm just not that geeky.

I went to lunch the other day, i come back and my mac wont turn on. At the store i find out its been drenched it water damage. I suspect this girl at my snooped my stuff and then wrecked my computer. If i can prove my computer was in use when i wasnt there i can hold her responsible. Is there a way i can track my broken computers history? i have my old IP address.

You can never get location which less than 1km accuracy. You will never get 1m accuracy. This is not GPS , it's Internet. The IP location is calculated this way:-the software searches for the server which contains your IP-after it finds ISP location it uses IP blocks-IP blocks are parts of your IP (ex. 44.142.xxx.xx)-it gets the distance from the server to the block you are-calculates something, which is not accurate at allBut whatever , if you want to track in which location is he going , you don't need accuracy , event though you won't get the right distance , you will get the right angle. But how he travels , he connects to a different network right? You will need no-ip service like DynDNS to fetch his IP all the time.EDIT: Oh you were talking about tracking networking not location. Well two possibilities:-log into his Wi-Fi and download FaceNiff for Android. You can detect many sites as Twitter/Facebook/Digg etc and even hack into his account. (this app sniffs and checks for cookies)-install a keylogger on his system and you can track him from everywhere

Edited by darko100 (see edit history)

I want to track my friends ip and know the sites which he has visited.

can i know that and if then how

hank you very much

If you have an IP address,you can find some related information of IP such as Internet Service provider(ISP),IP Location,Country,Latitude,Longitude etc., by using Ip-de t ails.com .