xisto Community
Tenshi

New Here ^_^ Just Arrived

Hullo!!I was asked by a member to introduce myself so that it would get easier for me to post in the forums B) So a nice short intro about myself, I am a girl who is currently studying to be a vet so that makes me an animal & book lover by default B) I came here because I want to host a website of my own & get rid of my loneliness. I have read the rules and regulations here & also know who the admins and moderators are but I hope I can ask the members for any help I might need. I have registered for the MYCENT program B) My username Tenshi means angel in Japanese, my friend chose that for me. I recently started playing a lot of DOTA and hope that there are some DOTA fans here too B)Well, I have no idea what else to say so I will say bye bye for now and meet you in the topics :P

Hello, my fellow femme B)

And now "a member" (although I'm still technically a newbie for a few more posts B)) is going to bombard your introduction with a healthy dose of adoration. I just knew we'd have something in common!

:P

I love all things animal, even the creepy crawlies! (would have studied to be a vet, but I'm more of an artist & writer at heart, and I chose to become a mommy, too B)) I have a funny story that you may appreciate! Just yesterday, I discovered that a spider had planted her eggsac on my daughter's stroller. I opened up my trunk after grocery shopping and lo if there wasn't a horde of what I think were pumpkin spiders (really bright yellow with tiny black speckles) crawling between the back wheel and the handle (and more were in the process of hatching). It was great. I mean, I was definitely caught off guard, but what was my first instinct? Take the cell phone out, queue the camera program, click-click. Then I shared it with a couple random passersby. Then I went home, took the stroller out of my trunk, and carefully transferred the baby spiders and the sac (I could see the other hatchlings squirming, too!) over to a nice, grassy spot.

I'm a science fiction & fantasy lover, in the book realm. I don't really explore much outside of that genre, unless something really stands out to me. My favorite authors include Elizabeth Haydon and Neal Stephenson! I recently bought a hardcopy of N.S.'s newest book, Anathem, and it's signed by him! *swoon* (But I haven't met him yet... someday! *crossfingers*)

I'm also a fan of the Japanese culture, although I admit that I know far less than I wish I did. I did study a short form of Tai Chi for a few years, and I am determined to someday learn at least a little of the language. And I think their command of art is beyond amazing; I've found it very influential in my own work. I didn't know that Tenshi meant Angel, but I'll add that to my quasi-expansive memory bank of interesting tidbits! Does your friend know what "rairakku" means? Someone mentioned it was a Japanese word &/or term, but never could tell me what it meant. I always loved how it sounded!

Ok, so since you have read a few things already (great job!), here are some other topics that you may or may not have read up on:

Hope that helps!

If you need any help at all, with anything (website, or otherwise), speak up! There's a wealth of helpful people around here! I'm also available, so feel free to bug me anytime!

Take care, and see you around!

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Thank you for the really warm response Fractured & for the helpful welcome Sky :XD:

I love all things animal, even the creepy crawlies! (would have studied to be a vet, but I'm more of an artist & writer at heart, and I chose to become a mommy, too ) I have a funny story that you may appreciate! Just yesterday, I discovered that a spider had planted her eggsac on my daughter's stroller. I opened up my trunk after grocery shopping and lo if there wasn't a horde of what I think were pumpkin spiders (really bright yellow with tiny black speckles) crawling between the back wheel and the handle (and more were in the process of hatching). It was great. I mean, I was definitely caught off guard, but what was my first instinct? Take the cell phone out, queue the camera program, click-click. Then I shared it with a couple random passersby. Then I went home, took the stroller out of my trunk, and carefully transferred the baby spiders and the sac (I could see the other hatchlings squirming, too!) over to a nice, grassy spot.

Wow, you were really lucky to have been able to witness the hatching :) .. I remember seeing lizards hatching with my grandpa & being there when an Uncle of mine was helping with the hatching of a baby star back tortoise ( He was a volunteer with WWF & has a star back tortoise).. And because we have had plenty of pets before, after & since my birth I have been there when my cats, dogs, fish and parrots were giving birth :P

I'm a science fiction & fantasy lover, in the book realm. I don't really explore much outside of that genre, unless something really stands out to me. My favorite authors include Elizabeth Haydon and Neal Stephenson! I recently bought a hardcopy of N.S.'s newest book, Anathem, and it's signed by him! *swoon* (But I haven't met him yet... someday! *crossfingers*)

Ooooh My mom loves Elizabeth Haydon & Neal Stephenson, I am not into science fiction :lol: But have always enjoyed Robin Cook, Stephen Hawking, lots of comics, the classics Rudyard Kipling being a fav of mine, Biographies & many more. Lol If you ever get a chance of meeting Neal Stephenson get an autograph for my Mom.

I love all things animal, even the creepy crawlies! (would have studied to be a vet, but I'm more of an artist & writer at heart, and I chose to become a mommy, too :lol: ) I have a funny story that you may appreciate! Just yesterday, I discovered that a spider had planted her eggsac on my daughter's stroller. I opened up my trunk after grocery shopping and lo if there wasn't a horde of what I think were pumpkin spiders (really bright yellow with tiny black speckles) crawling between the back wheel and the handle (and more were in the process of hatching). It was great. I mean, I was definitely caught off guard, but what was my first instinct? Take the cell phone out, queue the camera program, click-click. Then I shared it with a couple random passersby. Then I went home, took the stroller out of my trunk, and carefully transferred the baby spiders and the sac (I could see the other hatchlings squirming, too!) over to a nice, grassy spot.

I like the way you describe the birth of the spiders. For me, insects, arthropods and other creatures with more than 4 pairs of limbs are just plain frightening. Two feet to stand on, and two hands to hold a sword and a shield with, I can handle. A 4-armed cyclops with 4 sword-weilding hands, I can't handle. No offence against any cyclops out there, I don't want to start a war of the worlds or anything.

You seriously ought to consider writing a book, or at least blogging.

Hi!

I so envy you right now because you get to work with animals all day. Every year I go on holiday and visit a couple of places where I see lots of animals that I don't usually see - elephants, horses, flying-fish (not the real flying-fish, but so-named for lack of a better term), sea snakes (they were swimming about in a river), chameleons and toads.

Anyway, if you need some help with setting up your website, give me a buzz. I've been doing quite a bit of work with WordPress (the software, not the website) lately, so I might even be able to create a couple of plugins for you.

Hope to see more of you in the forums.

Regards,
Nitin

Hullo!!
I was asked by a member to introduce myself so that it would get easier for me to post in the forums :XD: So a nice short intro about myself, I am a girl who is currently studying to be a vet so that makes me an animal & book lover by default :P I came here because I want to host a website of my own & get rid of my loneliness.

I have read the rules and regulations here & also know who the admins and moderators are but I hope I can ask the members for any help I might need. I have registered for the MYCENT program :) My username Tenshi means angel in Japanese, my friend chose that for me. I recently started playing a lot of DOTA and hope that there are some DOTA fans here too :D

Well, I have no idea what else to say so I will say bye bye for now and meet you in the topics :lol:

I so envy you right now because you get to work with animals all day. Every year I go on holiday and visit a couple of places where I see lots of animals that I don't usually see - elephants, horses, flying-fish (not the real flying-fish, but so-named for lack of a better term), sea snakes (they were swimming about in a river), chameleons and toads.

Yeah, it is really fun and can get eeks at time but really awesome. Where I live, you will generally see sea snakes a lot during the monsoon, i have saved quite a few snakes & lizards during those times. Thank you for offering to help me with my website, if I ever have any doubts I will surely pm you :lol:

wow..i live in Africa..you should come here, man! Got loads of animals, you will love it!I love your passion about what you do mate, keep it up!Glad to meet here at Trap. Cheers!!

wow..i live in Africa..you should come here, man! Got loads of animals, you will love it!
I love your passion about what you do mate, keep it up!

Glad to meet here at Trap. Cheers!!

Thanks for the cheery welcome, my Uncle has actually been to Africa (Botswana) but I was a baby then so I could not join him :XD: My best friend's Uncle on the other hand lives in Tanzania. But one day I plan on coming to Africa, yes I am absolutely passionate about animals :)

Glad to meet you too :lol: