xisto Community
buherath

The Best Free Roaming Rpg? Suggestions needed.

I am searching for a rpg like oblivion. Can anyone suggest anything???The game must be a medieval and magic game with old weapons and stuff as well as magic. The map should be huge with many places to freely roam, with villages, castles and do many quests, go treasure hunting etc...A game where the player can freely roam, do additional quests, buy weapons and other equipment, level up.I have played oblivion as well as fable. Can any one suggest any games like these?????

Sandbox fantasy based RPG. Nothing i could think off except the ones you played. So far there is a few other genre that you can give it a shot.1. Far Cry 22. Mass Effect3. Fallout 3There may be others but i will post it when i come across such games. Alternatively, you can browse around at http://www.gameborder.net/

I recommend World of Warcraft to you if you are looking for a good raoming medieval game . It has 80 levels and new quest & levels are being added all the time! it has a massive island and tons of quests and dungeons , and with 8 million people online help is always round the corner ! It has a range of different races & classes that are all unique in there own ways , and it is very mystical and magic.

the disc can be puchased at Pc World for ?8.00 last time I checked , and it is &8.99 a month (new Edition prices vary)

I hoped this has helped you on your seach for a Good free roaming Rpg and Hope I will see you online soon! P.S. I have been playing World of Warcraft Happily for a long time now and I have not regrets!

-reply by The Ultimate Destroyer

FALLOUT 3The Best Free Roaming Rpg?

I WARN YOU DO NOT BEGIN WITH World of Warcraft it destroy your life I did play it 4 years and do you know now what ? I am so happy now that I quit the game /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif its steals much cash from!   Play Fallout 3  same as Oblivon or you could play Gothic 2 or 1 or 3 its lot like Oblivon . BUY FALLOUT 3 its the best game in the world!

-reply by Cake...

Someof the best games in this particular genre go unnoticed and unappreciated by so many people. I can easily recommend the Gothic series for the PC to get your open-world RPG fix. I can go further and say that you should play the Sacred series, even though it's isometric 2d, it's still very much one of the finest games of its kind. Think Diablo II meets Oblivion, and you'll have a pretty decent idea of what to expect from it.Other games to consider are the following:Siverfall -- This was rather weak when it was first released, but several patches and a monstrous expansion pack later, it's now a fantastic RPG.Loki -- Loki is a very nice game with a rather brutal aesthetic. It plays more similarly to Diablo II than anything else, but it's still pretty open-ending in the same way the Elder Scroll series is.Morrowind -- A bit of a peculiar choice, considering how old it is and that Oblivion has succeeded it in the series. However, I will stand by my belief that this is THE definitive Elderscrolls game in terms of true immersion and quality of content and that Oblivion is weaker compared to it. Take that, fanboys :lol:

I'd have to say Fallout 3, there's an amazing amount of content in it, and the game just never gets old. If you want a game like Oblivion, this is a good choice considering it was made by the same people. It's placed in the future, so it won't have that fantasy RPG feel to it, but it is a blast, and something all serious gamers should look into. There's over 100 hours of gameplay, and you can make it even longer with the five DLC packs available. You also get to choose your own path; you can be a friendly do-gooder, or an evil chaos creating maniac. The characters are fun and well thought out, and it has one of the best storylines of a western create-your-own-character RPG that you can find. I could go on all night about it, it's amazing.Just a notice for parents, however, it's rated M, and it well deserves that rating. There's graphic violence, a lot of swearing, and some... Errr... Highly suggestive themes. It's not a game for the kids. :lol:

I'd vote for fallout 3 as well. One word to describe it is: HUGE! But it's not "free" entirely. There are free rpgs and there are good rpgs, but free & good rpgs....hmm hard to find :lol:

If you want a free MMORPG that's "free roaming" try Runes of Magic. Based on what you are looking for it seems like a pretty decent match. It's not an "RPG" like "let me go play alone and talk to NPC's," and instead has things like sieging with other players, raiding, etc.If you are not into the MMORPG world I would highly suggest checking out Dungeon Siege. It's been a while since I played it but it was a great game. Large map, interesting play style, etc. Plus you can play it online if you want.Note that DS is not free, but it's near free (shouldn't cost more than a couple dollars).

I would say try Fable series as those games have a good storyline that captures you, well into the story itself. You control how the environments become and the people around you gravitate towards you. Whether it be in fair or lovingly.The Elder Scroll games seem to be another liable choice for your endeavor in search for a free roamer RPG.I would have a wider choice if it would go within the realms of MMORPGs but regardless I'lll just suggest one. One of my favorites being Aion. The game is so pretty and inviting that really you wouldn't want to play any other MMORPG out there. I don't like WoW but its another game with free reign. But personally I just don't like the look of the game, they aren't at all pretty XD. But as I said thats just personal choice.

Another vote for fallout 3- the world is so big you can play the game in as many different ways as imaginable, you can lie, steal, manipulate people, pickpocket, destroy entire towns or just play the game honestly. Its also pretty atmospheric- you travel the wastelands as a lone wanderer who is either feared by all remaining civilisation or is regarded as a hero

whatever you do DON'T buy world of warcraft- the graphics look like smeared excrement, even on highest settings, and the characters, quests and objects are so poor I would be dissapointed to find them in a free flash game. Sure it does have 80+ levels and millions of characters but they are all just the same lazy recyled crap, and you have to pay every month, which just sucks. 

-reply by Benjimindle

dragon age origins is one of the most enthralling games i have played but i found it wasn't nearly as long as i had hoped it would be but a friend has told me the expansions make it a lot more enjoyable, in my opinion it is defiantly worth buying. I played world of warcraft for about 3 months and was doing all right had a nice ride and armour everything was going perfect until they released cataclysm. I mean its ONE thing to buy all of the disks then pay the 8 pounds a month but then to render everything you have completely worthless and useless just completely killed the experience making it a road that i will never go down again as blizzard can just release a new game when ever they feel like it and meaning you end up spending a lot of money. Two worlds was really really really boring until i discovered i could cheat and i know it ruins the game but the game was so slow anyway so i just went around killing everything and became obsessed with getting all of the best armour until one day my character was perfect.. it also meant every living being on the map was dead which meant i didn't quite have as much fun.. two worlds two on the other hand was really boring and possibly worst that the first one so don't bother. if your twelve play runescape it was bloody fun. Okay don't get angry at me but I would suggest to you mount and blade, it lacks the free roaming ability but it does lead to hours of fun and is worth buying for sure. Games i really want to check out are dragon age II and the witcher II. fall out 3 havn't played much but the bits that i have played the time between action is massive and i prefer swords and magic anyway, well hoped it helped..

Morrowind -- A bit of a peculiar choice, considering how old it is and that Oblivion has succeeded it in the series. However, I will stand by my belief that this is THE definitive Elderscrolls game in terms of true immersion and quality of content and that Oblivion is weaker compared to it. Take that, fanboys :lol:

I completly agree with Kagerioshu morrowind is a way better games despite the poor grphics which with a few mods is all fixed. I would send you the site of recommended by me mods but i can't remember which one it was. But just search for large graphic overhauls and some oblivion style changes ( which there are many) and you'll never be able to tell you aren't playing a better version of oblivion. Also Oblivion has a weak and kind of crappy storyline, which becomes even worse with the easy pack rat game when you can quick travel.

does anyone know a, how can I describe it, almost modern day (free roaming if possible) RPG. By modern day I mean not really futuristic, but with out a fantasy element that plagues most RPGs (plagues is a bit strong but I am fed up with all RPGs being fantasy, or Fallout) Preferably relativly realistic and , possibly FPSThanksP.S. It had better be rated 15 or under (not sure what that is in america)

does anyone know a, how can I describe it, almost modern day (free roaming if possible) RPG. By modern day I mean not really futuristic, but with out a fantasy element that plagues most RPGs (plagues is a bit strong but I am fed up with all RPGs being fantasy, or Fallout) Preferably relativly realistic and , possibly FPS
Thanks

P.S. It had better be rated 15 or under (not sure what that is in america)

Not sure what rating Skyrim is but it's a very open RPG. You basically choose your own paths and do as you wish, though there is a linear storyline as well. An alternative would be something like Fable, which is pretty linear but there are a lot of side quests and exploration you can do outside of the main line.