xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Review Itneed.net

Hey Trap members. I have been working very hard on my forum/website (ITneed.net) It is running on Xisto hosting which I think are fantastic! Great speed and Cpannel! ITneed.net is all about support with anything or discussion about technology news however it will be expanding to more topics later on.

The forum is getting improved every single day. I come on, install modifications, scripts etc to make it nice and better for members to join and post as well as for them to enjoy themselves and make friends.

Please give me feedback on what needs improving and what you like about the forum. Negative and Positive feedback is welcome! I am trying to make it better :P

- Ash B)

The appearance looks too similar to Xisto for me. I would suggest choosing a different, more unique theme. You also have too many boards for such a small forum. I would stick to 15 or less, and delete the rest.The big red "X" at the top of the forum is unappealing and won't encourage members to register. I like the quick register MOD you have installed, so definitely keep that. I would suggest un-protecting a lot of the forums you have on the main page. If guests aren't supposed to see those boards, why even have them shown? Also, if you don't have any topics out, it will discourage people from registering. As a guest, I want to see as much of the community as possible before I join.Another thing you may want to add is a clear focus to the forum. Not many people will join a general chat forum.I made a topic a while ago about creating and promoting a forum, you may want to check it out. Good Luck with your site!

Thank-You both of you for your reviews, We are currently hunting down some good themes that would suit both the forums and members. However all skin edits for the mods would have to be completed. The big X as well we are looking for a new image to replace that. The big X is standard with the Guest message mod.Anyway Thank-You for reviewing ITneed.net

looks friendly on the eyes.. :P i like the forum color.. the logo reminds me of something though.. i cant remember it.. change the logo text to something that has more impact.. and simple enough that will blend with theme..

Well as I said we are hunting down some good themes for the forum and we are also bringing up and Graphics grew that will be able to do the images for ITneed. Thank-You for reviewing my site (ITneed.net) I hope it gets more members and improved.

I see that most of the categories are protected. I presume that the website is not something like Xisto whereby there is "incentives" for one to post. In that case, I think will it be better if non members could have the ability to view the website and see the activity level. I for one, will choose to register with a forum that have a certain level of participation, else it is pointless to join a "dead" forum.

No I have protected them to get more members to sign up to view the sections of the forum. I think it was a fantastic Idea and seems to be working. However Thank-You for you review and idea I may do that in the near feature when we become more popular.

First impression, quick scan:The artist in me is complaining that it's too straightlaced in design... but, for all I know, that's a limitation that you cannot bypass. Most forums I've seen are all based upon a template, and have considerable restrictions against creative design. As far as forums go, you have a nice array of choices, which is always great for attracting a variety of users. From a strictly personal standpoint, I would be more encouraged to join and participate if there was a bit more... personality... in the site. When I am browsing, I feel like I've been pulled into a virtual environment generated by an AI, not a human. :XD: Mind you, that probably appeals to others who are less artistic in nature.I do like the quotation graphics denoting each active topic, however: simple, very appropriate, and still amusing.I am more of a dark red / pale gold type of person, so the colors don't particularly move me very much. Neither do the colors here, at the Trap, move me very much... I am inspired to participate here by the incredible array of people involved, and I was attracted by the absolutely fantastic idea of an alternative method for earning an otherwise-paid service. It doesn't look like you have found that perfectly-enticing nugget that'll lure the little fishies to your pond. You will, though, of that I am certain.:lol:

Well I like to keep the forum desgin simple and standard, Their are many reasons why I do this. 1) People want all different skins then I need to redo skin edits ect... 2) More professional.3) Faster Speed.However as I have said we are looking at getting a customized skin done soon so we will be requesting colours for that in the up coming feature. Thank-You for reviewing my Site,- Ash.

Before I join a forum, I lurk around for a while reading other posts. The message I get on ITNeed.net when I try to read a message is a:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

If I didn't know better, I'd think there was a problem on the server, which would make me less likely to join the forum. A successful website is one that stays out of the way of the user and lets him/her get to whatever information is being sought. It's the simplicity that actually makes it seem appealing.

I will change these permissions soon however this permission is set like this while we gain more members and this does seem to be working. But thanks for your other information on my site and Thank-You for reviewing it. - Ash :lol: