xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

Do You Guys Know? Total free education

Hey people, how much do you guys or your parents spend on your education from preschool to your university graduation?????For me its FREE!!!!! Yup, Sri Lankan education from kindergarten to university graduation is totally free which is actually funded by the government it self.But of course out of all the people, only a handful is selected for university and the school advance level final exam which is the gateway to campus is ultra tough and very competitive. If you are replying to this topic please state the amount you guys spent on your education. Just a rough value is enough. :P

I heard in Sweden and Finland there are universities that provide free education. The catch is that you earn by working at various places and pay the tuition fees from that money, so you do not spend anything from your pocket itself. The university provides you with work and earn and learn at the same time. The course however are made so that the time required for study are available at disposal, else too much of pressure of work and study will create lots of problems.then of course you need to have visa and a valid passport to be in that country. You also need to show enough bank balance so that you can meet the expenses( which you will of course earn). Getting a visa is a tough ask but then it not impossible.

For me its FREE!!!!! Yup, Sri Lankan education from kindergarten to university graduation is totally free which is actually funded by the government it self.

You are so lucky you got free education until university graduation. Here is in Nepal you will get only high school for free but not good education.
Here is several boarding school and they are good in education. Their cost is high I think higher than university charges.
As a result of instability political situation of Nepal . We are going to hell in future.....

You could spend whole life in education. Here in my country which is Albania we spent about 16 years for school education. But college or University education has some high cost, not because of charges being high(It's up to 120$) but because of good education Universities in Tirana. Tirana is the capital and it is very high standard living place, so for a student and his family it is not easy. Though in general Universities are not very strong, if students will they can get good degrees. I always preferred education outside in Europe. England or U.S but it is to heavy for me.

I heard that University in California is free. It could be true, I don't know.I forget how much was spent on my education.It was a lot.I wouldn't measure it by how much you spent,rather on how muchyou get out of it, either monetarily or otherwise.

I went to IUP in Pennsylvania and spent roungly $3,500 a semester on tuitiion. I went for 5 years, so by using my superman math skills that comes to around $35,000 for my education.Adding apartments and food expenses, add an extra $4,000 a year, so that's $20,000.All in all, I spent around $55,000 to get my degree, and I still have to go back to get my masters. Who knows how much that'll be.But in comparison to me, I'm sure there's a lot of American students out there who have spent way much more than I have. My college is relatively cheap compared to other schools in the state.

Public education is free in Uruguay, according to our Constitution, or at least you have to pay no fees at all, neither for assisting to classes nor for taking exams.The public university is called University of the Republic (UdelaR, Universidad de la Rep?blica). There are other private universities and institutes too, but the public one is the biggest: in students, professors and knowledge production (investigation).By the way, the fact that it is public, funded with public money, doesn't mean that it is controlled by the government. Since 1958, when University Organic Law was passed, it has had autonomy from whoever the President of the Republic is, and the UdelaR democratically governs itself: all professors, students and alumni elect their representatives, who altogether elect a Rector (like a chairman).Also, there isn't an entrance exam: if you finished all high school exams, you can start higher education.But nothing is free in life. For example, my case: I started my carrer this year, History. This first semester, is introductory, so theoretically, attendance is not compulsory. But, I go anyway to understand things better. As I don't live near my faculty, I have to go by bus: that's like 25 dollars a month. And the faculty's library isn't always opened, so I have to buy tons of photocopies.The fact is that if I don't have 60 dollars every month to spend on university, it will be really hard for you to finish your career. You may laugh about it, but more than a half the students have to work to pay for it, and working and studying is really hard. Particularly, at my faculty, where you may have Tuesday classes in the afternoon, Wednesday in the morning, Thursday at night, and so on...So, you guys above, should fight for free education. Don't you think?

In Honduras the education is totally free.The students only have to pay an inscription thats all and the price is only $22 in the superior level.The cost of education in Honduras is very low, you can see... It?s almost free...Viva Honduras :lol: :XD: :)

The students only have to pay an inscription thats all and the price is only $22 in the superior level.

22 dollars or 22 lempiras?
Honduras GDP per capita is $1.800 (American Dollars). If someone earns $150 each month, we could say that $22 is quite expensive, specially if we have to add books or photocopies, and other expenses. That's what I think, at least.

Depends where I want to go. I can get $20,000 of scholarships and grants, excluding the academic scholarships I can receive when I go to a UC school. For private schools, they do their own thing, however, the scholarships are usually pretty good. For instance, if one attends Stanford and their income is below $100,000, they receive a full-ride scholarship. I'm not exactly sure on the details, such as if there are limitations (ex. won't pay for books) but will definitely pay for tuition and on-campus housing, etc.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

Scholarships and grants are not infinite.Every year, they're becoming less widely distributed all around the world. For example, in Europe, as Bologna process moves on, it's common now that lots of students have to get loans to pay their studies. That means that they are not only paying to their institution, but also making banks richer. Yeah! Even when you have to do a compulsory practice in a company where they don't have to give you a dime. That is: you pay to work.And they say you might have Erasmus scholarship, but if you want to study an year abroad, inside Europe (which was the main purpose of Bologna process), you can even lose your Erasmus.It's insane!

Hey people, how much do you guys or your parents spend on your education from preschool to your university graduation?????
For me its FREE!!!!! Yup, Sri Lankan education from kindergarten to university graduation is totally free which is actually funded by the government it self.

But of course out of all the people, only a handful is selected for university and the school advance level final exam which is the gateway to campus is ultra tough and very competitive.

If you are replying to this topic please state the amount you guys spent on your education. Just a rough value is enough. smile.gif

Oh ya in our country Nepal also free for education through government in government schools.
But in it there is no good facility of being graduate, I mean There is not good system of teaching and there is not rules and regulation.
There many students read in one class, I think there will be something about 80 students.
In which many students can't get chance to study well and they became uneducated because you know there is not and good things.
Students of those government school are indiscipline they don't study well so Nepalese students should study in private school to be intelligent and educated.
But fees of Private schools is very high.
I have crossed school level now and I think my parents have spent something about Nrs.5 lakhs for nursery to grade 10 (slc) .

hi...............i know that how much your parents are paying for your stud and fpr other wprk also.1s in a year i thing they pay for us about 50 thousand rupees. which very heavy amountfpr a middel class family