xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kjkevinjungkj

Help! I Need To Create Website That Manages Student Lists In School.

Hello, i want to create a website based student management.I want to enable login of course.Many other teachers would be able to login and view their own class student list.I need help on how to do this.So simply it would let them login and do attendance, etc...And yes, i want the attendance that after submitting, it will send it as a email.so a form based, but something that allows teachers to easilly importstudent list and manage it.

When managing information regarding students you must first be approved by the education institution or board to handle such information so that it will not be used against anyone. Certainly, privacy issue is the fore most important when it comes to student information--you don't want this list to be accessed by unwanted eyes...Let's that you got all that legal stuff out of the way and you have the full blessing. You will need login system based on database or general access control, i.e. .htaccess. Scripts and more ideas on customized login scripts are found in our Programming Language and Tutorial sections.Then, you want to export the information as well as email or just an email notification per student of their login--consequently marking them as "present" from "absent"--or would you want to be able to pull information for a period of time per student, showing the entire attendance history? And is this only for attendance or will you add additional features such as punch in and out time as well?If you are contemplating about complex data information structure you will need to look into database management system. This system will keep track of time, date, student and login yes or no. And at the administrative side a teacher can run a report of a student and/or date range. This return result then can be sent via email (again with the legal issue...since sending any student related issue without filter may be harder) or capable of exporting as CSV.Database such as MySQL and PHP allows quick and easy import/export from CSV. CSV is easily converted to and from Excel.Explain in detail what is the main objective in keeping this record and then we can start writing a program.