xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
i101dotcom

Windows 7 Vs. Vista

Everyone is excited about the launch of Windows 7 and Vista on its row. I prefer windows 7 than vista.Vista being highly graphical made my pc run slow and has many bug inbuilt in it. Though Vista has may good features but how will I work with those features if my pc is slow.Windows 7 is actually the operating system that run better in my hardware configuration.

I must agree windows 7 is much better then vista. Its not as much of a performance hog. Its got a lot of cool new features. One thing that im most excited about is the new magnifier. Now i know that sounds like the weirdest thing in the world but here is why. My younger brother is legaly blind so he has to sit really close to the computer and use an on screen magnafier. The one windows first had was not the best for some one that is blind. The new one works a lot like zoomtext the program that the school bought for him. The problem is that when they bought it for him there was only windows xp and when vista came out they had to change all there code around and thuse they would not allow people with keys for the xp version to use it on vista. Since the school was not switching to vista they did not have a need to buy this 3000$ software. So he was stuck ever 30 days uninstalling and reinstalling the trial (major pain in the butt). The school also provied him with a mac book, mainly because every student in the state of maine gets one to use. Macs magnifer also works allot like zoomtext, the screen zooms around the curser and when you move the mouse the screen moves with it, wierd to explain but when the rc of windows 7 is out give it a try and see what I mean. Zoomtext was also an extrame proformance hog so when you put both together you get a sluggesh peice of crap. When he installed the bata he was like wow a version of windows that I can use right out of the box. So yeah thats my views on windows 7.Tom

May I say Windows 7 has made some improvements although it still has traits of Vista lurking in it's source code. The fact that in the Vista Architecture that many uneeded processes and services ran chewing up copious amounts of RAM and making your life a living nightmare, now Windows 7 has carried on this trait although it is slightly better. Still hopefully in the final of Windows 7 we will see a fix to this in the form of a selection of services in the Installation of the OS or a scan of the computer hardware to determine what is needed. At the moment I run 48 processes in Windows 7, and all the programs I have open is Firefox and Steam [gaming program client], also Anti-virus. That is all and I see 1gb of ram usage. Luckily I have 4gb. But for people who have 1gb surely won't be using this OS and then if they did would then want to go back to XP within the hour. Guaranteed. :PAll in all Windows 7 is an improvement and we see these improvements in the Beta so I now have high hopes for the Final. Godspeed.My Rating:Overall OS: 8/10GUI: 9/10Performance Issues: 6.5/10Compatibility: 8/10, all programs I have installed work without issue. The only thing that has not worked is "Stalker: Clear Sky" game. B)

Everyone is excited about the launch of Windows 7 and Vista on its row.
I prefer windows 7 than vista.

Vista being highly graphical made my pc run slow and has many bug inbuilt in it. Though Vista has may good features but how will I work with those features if my pc is slow.

Windows 7 is actually the operating system that run better in my hardware configuration.

Lets put it in this way. Vista was initially developed to be a new technology piece. But failed to keep majority computers to run smoothly due to bad memory management and unstable kernel. So in the end, only medium and high configuration computers get to run Vista smoothly.

Windows 7 surely is everyone favorite at the moment due to stable kernel and fast Aero effect. What i have tried is to have Windows 7 installed in a 1GB of ram with 9400GT computer configuration and works fine even with with Aero effect running.

I have seen some videos on the public website of the new windows 7. It seems a very fast operating system. Though I have to ask for somethings?What are the requirements of the new Windows 7?I am using Vista right now, and I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 as soon the official release is done( I don't like Beta apps -cause don't have time to make experiments and feedbacks - I am not such an experience user so to help microsoft :P ), so should I upgrade anything to my computer..How about compatibility with software and web applications and programs?There are no such compatible software for windows 7 until now. Vista by itself had lots of trouble with issues regarding compatibility..This is new windows and you will find it difficult to properly install new software.Hehe, I still meet people complaining that Windows Xp is great B)

I have been using Windows Vista until now and it has been great after SP1 was installed. Though the system has become slow after migrating from XP but still it is worth for the security.I haven't tried Windows7.

@webishqiptarIf your computer runs Vista smoothly, you don't need to do anything for when Windows 7 is released. The hardware requirements are very similar (if not a little in Windows 7's favor). You don't need to worry about Windows 7 compatibility just yet, since the operating system hasn't even been released. I'm sure all the major companies will release drivers for their hardware ASAP, especially since RC1 is now available. As for applications, Windows 7 (certain versions) will be shipping with a fully licensed Windows XP embedded into the operating system. This means, ideally, that as long as the application runs on XP, it will be able to run on Windows 7.Regards,z.

Edited by zakaluka (see edit history)